Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Valve Bounce
    Wouldn't you guys laugh if the ant kicked bunsen's ass.
    Only to be bested by Sato

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Outqualified by Super Aguris!! Wonder what they are thinking in the Honda garage at the moment
    "When the situation arises you stay where you are or go for it. I prefer the latter" - JPM

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Viv
    Outqualified by Super Aguris!! Wonder what they are thinking in the Honda garage at the moment
    Maybe Honda will join in the protest against Super Aguri!!!
    "You can mop the blood up later." - R.A. Lafferty

Liked 209 Times in 165 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by truefan72
    if I were them, I would go back to the old chasis
    I don't think Super Aguri is entirely using the "old chassis" - it was a basement for this year's car and they have developed it forward. But what is amazing - Aguri has developed that car forward more rapidly than Honda itself! More likely Honda should use current SA's chassis as they probably have the same engine, so there wouldn't be too much problem or would?

I remember similar stuff was with Jaguar in early 2002 as well, when they said that their last year's car was better than the new one. And the results were seen - Jaguar was fighting with Minardi in early races. But they didn't go back to use their old chassis.

But yeah - I feel really sorry for Bunsen. He actually has already written his title hopes off and did it yesterday...

Liked 8 Times in 6 Posts
    Super Aguri have one of te best if not the best test driver in their team. Read it and weep, bunsen, because the ant is going to kick your ass!!
    When in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I presume there was a covert operation conducted by the Super Aguri team...

They snuck in one night when all the cars where getting painted and swapped em'

sneaky little dudes...but it payed off..

The main Honda team will be pretty p#$sed off tonight....

Liked 8 Times in 6 Posts
    I don't think Team Honda have a test driver who can help with R&D the way ant did, nor help with feedback to set the car up for races. If you read bunsen's comments after quals in Pitpass, you'll note that he had great problems with his tyres, whereas the Super Aguri drivers were ecstatic.
    Bunsen will have a lean year, and I think that's what he himself is predicting.
    When in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jens
    I don't think Super Aguri is entirely using the "old chassis" - it was a basement for this year's car and they have developed it forward. But what is amazing - Aguri has developed that car forward more rapidly than Honda itself! More likely Honda should use current SA's chassis as they probably have the same engine, so there wouldn't be too much problem or would?

I remember similar stuff was with Jaguar in early 2002 as well, when they said that their last year's car was better than the new one. And the results were seen - Jaguar was fighting with Minardi in early races. But they didn't go back to use their old chassis.

But yeah - I feel really sorry for Bunsen. He actually has already written his title hopes off and did it yesterday...
    I think the tale of development is even odder than you state. The RA107 is mainly a development of a UK-based team that is the current evolution of BAR. The SA07 is based on the BAR-designed RA106, but I believe that the update work is mainly from the Honda R&D group in Tochigi - the same group that was behind a number of F1 study cars in the 1990's. (Valve, I believe you have the sources to correct me on this if I am wrong.)

So which of the Honda F1 cars is "more Honda?" It's enough to make my poor head spin.

ClarkFan
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect." - Samuel Clemens

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Honda are beginning to make a rather bad habit out of starting the season with an unsorted car, only its worse this year because they gave the fully developed 06 car to the B team (and it was the 2nd or 3rd fastest car in F1 by Brazil last year). Things will change, SA arent going to have that much development done on the car and there's not a lot of potential left in it anyway. I expect Honda will sort the car out to about the same level that they finished last season, but will probably be at least mid-season by then.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    its buttons driving thats the problem not the car lets be honest he is crap
    Following Plato Btcc, Hamilton F1 and Earnhart Jr & Patrick Nascar