Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Filming episode 18 of Bob called 'Richard, I am your father!' Bob's long lost son!
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Well practice suggests that Button was being optimistic! Outperformed by Super Aguri!!
    Jim Raynor will be returning soon!

Liked 209 Times in 165 Posts
    Actually one more thought from me that I have been wondering about. This belongs to the "what if" category.

What if... Honda had prefered Jordan instead of BAR after 2002? Would they have had more success? I mean during that time, when Jordan still had the funds and had the same engine as BAR, the "yellows" always looked like a more serious racing team and they had already tasted some success with four Grand Prix wins. When I heard the news in 2002 that Honda is going to concentrate on BAR, then I really couldn't understand the decision. BAR was usually making words, but Jordan usually built good chassises. Yeah, especially in the last years they tended to be unreliable or whatever, but I remember a discussion before 2002 in a kind of Jordan topic, where there were thoughts whether Jordan is going to be good that season or not. And one asked a rhetorical question: "Has Jordan ever built a bad racing car?" And the answer is practically no! From 1994 to 2002 Jordan always finished in Top6 in the WCC! They had sometimes their slight downs (like first half of 1998), but they were consistently more or less in the next group after championship contenders. After that they of course lost most of their fund sources and there wasn't much to do afterwards...

Sadly, that Honda's decision marked the start of Jordan's decisive downfall and also not a bright future for Honda itself.

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jens
    Actually one more thought from me that I have been wondering about. This belongs to the "what if" category.

What if... Honda had prefered Jordan instead of BAR after 2002? Would they have had more success? I mean during that time, when Jordan still had the funds and had the same engine as BAR, the "yellows" always looked like a more serious racing team and they had already tasted some success with four Grand Prix wins. When I heard the news in 2002 that Honda is going to concentrate on BAR, then I really couldn't understand the decision. BAR was usually making words, but Jordan usually built good chassises. Yeah, especially in the last years they tended to be unreliable or whatever, but I remember a discussion before 2002 in a kind of Jordan topic, where there were thoughts whether Jordan is going to be good that season or not. And one asked a rhetorical question: "Has Jordan ever built a bad racing car?" And the answer is practically no! From 1994 to 2002 Jordan always finished in Top6 in the WCC! They had sometimes their slight downs (like first half of 1998), but they were consistently more or less in the next group after championship contenders. After that they of course lost most of their fund sources and there wasn't much to do afterwards...

Sadly, that Honda's decision marked the start of Jordan's decisive downfall and also not a bright future for Honda itself.
    Good point, I've never thought about this but Honda could have had more chance with Jordan. Not that they were that bad in 2004, but that was down to Dave Richards and not to Nick Fry.
    Michael Schumacher The Best Ever F1 Driver
    Everything I post is my own opinion and I\'ll always try to back it up! :)
    They need us: http://www.ursusarctos.ro

Liked 8 Times in 6 Posts
    Wouldn't you guys laugh if the ant kicked bunsen's ass.
    When in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout

Liked 41 Times in 26 Posts
    I would say that Honda is showing concern for the environment by focusing on winning the fuel economy prize.

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    Guess the RA106 was/is a pretty good car after all......

ClarkFan
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect." - Samuel Clemens

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Valve Bounce
    Wouldn't you guys laugh if the ant kicked bunsen's ass.
    It sure would be ironic. The old chassis beating the new one.
    J

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    There you have it. Both Super Aguris ahead of both Hondas; and to make it worse, both Toyotas are ahead of the 4 Hondas: someone back in Japan will not be very happy
    You can't make a person love another person. You can only pray for it.

Stupid rules => stupid consequences :s

Liked 373 Times in 289 Posts
    if I were them, I would go back to the old chasis
    you can't argue with results.

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    the dark mood will only be interrupted by the glint of ceremonial scabberds