Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Liked 16 Times in 16 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rollo
    As for trademark infringement, no-one looking at "ferrarif150" in their right mind is looking for Fords. Simple common sense dictates that this is stupid.
    Ford is American, therefore stupid is as stupid does.
    "But it aint how hard you hit, it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward. How much you can take, and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done." Rocky.

Liked 65 Times in 42 Posts
    Ford are stupid. The law suit is stupid.

Having said that, I hope Ferrari change the name because I don't like it. If they do change it I just hope they don't use F2011, which they probably will because they have all the imagination of a house brick when it comes to naming their cars.
    Forza Ferrari!!

Liked 335 Times in 204 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark
    Ford in Europe (and probably elsewhere) has some very good models, and very fuel efficient too, it's long been the case that the US division is dragging the rest of the company down!
    Indeed, I'm currently looking at getting a second hand 2l TDCI Mondeo and, from what I've seen, can apparently expect around 50mpg from it. The US needs a complete cultural shift though, which I believe is slowly happening, until they can accept that small engines can still deliver the power of a V8 then the manufacturers will keep building and selling the gas guzzlers.
    You're so beige, you probably think this signature is about someone else.

Admin
    Liked 125 Times in 92 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by barryfullalove
    Indeed, I'm currently looking at getting a second hand 2l TDCI Mondeo and, from what I've seen, can apparently expect around 50mpg from it. The US needs a complete cultural shift though, which I believe is slowly happening, until they can accept that small engines can still deliver the power of a V8 then the manufacturers will keep building and selling the gas guzzlers.
    From what I can see however, the big engines they use put out similar, or less, power than their smaller equivalents, or at least most of the power isn't needed or used.
    Please 'like' our facebook page http://www.facebook.com/motorsportforums

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    From what I can see however, the big engines they use put out similar, or less, power than their smaller equivalents, or at least most of the power isn't needed or used.
    All the time Ameyreeecans had cheap fuel, they had 'muscle' cars, cos that's their mentality. Now most of their oil wells have dried up, they can't work out why their cars cost so much to run due to fuel price rise. Diesels in consumer vehicles is frowned upon.

A very insular nation over the pond indeed.
    Opinions are like ar5eholes, everyone has one.

Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by SGWilko
    A very insular nation over the pond indeed.
    I wouldn't necessarily say that, you have a developed nation with over 250 million inhabitants, geographically isolated from most places, then of course you're going to be more inward looking. They also have the issue that much of the country has developed over the past 100 years or so, all the time the motor car has been present, so it's much more ingrained there than in the rest of the word - not saying that it isn't elsewhere too.

Of course cheap petrol prices are the biggest factor, when you see that the F150 is one of the best selling cars in America, and yet if you put it on sale in Europe you'd struggle to shift a single one.

Liked 201 Times in 155 Posts
    I wouldn't necessarily say that,
    I would.

When I visited my then girlfriend (now Mrs Rollo.) in San Diego in 2006 there were large scale fights in the streets between civilians and the military in Tijuana just seven miles away across the border. I bought the San-Diego Union-Tribune daily and didn't find out anything about this until I'd arrived back in Sydney and seen the carnage on the news.

If you're not even aware of something happening seven miles away, I think that implies some degree of insularity.
    The Old Republic was a stupidly run organisation which deserved to be taken over. All Hail Palpatine!

Admin
    If you're not even aware of something happening seven miles away, I think that implies some degree of insularity.
    I'm not saying they aren't insular, just that there are reasons for this happening rather than just it being for the sake of it

Personally I think the UK is a bit too insular too, we tend to ignore what's going on in the Republic of Ireland, for example.

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    It will fail.

Saab took Porsche to the International Court in the Hague over its use of the number "901" for a particular model number, when they claimed that they had use of all three digit numbers with a "0" in the middle. Consequently International Copyright and Trademarks Laws (of which the US is a signatory) says that you can not copyright or trademark letters, numbers, or letter-number combinations unless they are a meaningful and distinct word.
    Microsoft can not for instance sue someone for using the word "Word" because it happens to be the name of a word processing package. Neither can Ferrari sue Peugeot for coming out with a car called a "308".

As for trademark infringement, no-one looking at "ferrarif150" in their right mind is looking for Fords. Simple common sense dictates that this is stupid.
    It was Peugeot who complained about the Porsche 901 back in the day and as a result Porsche changed the denomination to 911.
    Michael Schumacher The Best Ever F1 Driver
    Everything I post is my own opinion and I\'ll always try to back it up! :)
    They need us: http://www.ursusarctos.ro

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    It will fail.

Saab took Porsche to the International Court in the Hague over its use of the number "901" for a particular model number, when they claimed that they had use of all three digit numbers with a "0" in the middle. Consequently International Copyright and Trademarks Laws (of which the US is a signatory) says that you can not copyright or trademark letters, numbers, or letter-number combinations unless they are a meaningful and distinct word.
    Microsoft can not for instance sue someone for using the word "Word" because it happens to be the name of a word processing package. Neither can Ferrari sue Peugeot for coming out with a car called a "308".

It was Peugeot who complained about the Porsche 901 back in the day and as a result Porsche changed the denomination to 911.
    Michael Schumacher The Best Ever F1 Driver
    Everything I post is my own opinion and I\'ll always try to back it up! :)
    They need us: http://www.ursusarctos.ro