Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BDunnell
    But in this case I simply cannot see what damage would have been done to sales of a pick-up truck by way of potential confusion with a Formula 1 car. And this is, let's not forget, a pick-up truck mostly sold in the US, where the numbers of people who will be aware of the existence of the Ferrari F150 is minimal owing to the limited nature of F1 enthusiasm. In no sense would Ferrari calling its F1 car the F150 render Ford's trademark 'useless'. Had Ferrari built a pick-up and called it the F150, I would be in complete agreement with you. But they haven't.

And, ioan, while I have come to respect greatly much of what you have to say on other matters, I can't help but feel that your opinion on this subject would have been completely different two or three years ago, when your enthusiasm for Ferrari was still intact.
    It's not so much that this time there was any confusion. But, as others have stated over and over, you MUST challenge any use of your trademarked name, or loose it. So if Ford had not challenged this use of the name "F-150" (even though there is no real damage this time), the next time when Ferrari, or whomever, came out with a pick-up truck called the F-150, Ford would not have standing to challenge the use of that name.

I fail to see how that is a hard concept to grasp.
    The overall technical objective in racing is the achievement of a vehicle configuration, acceptable within the practical interpretation of the rules, which can traverse a given course in a minimum time. -Milliken

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by gloomyDAY
    Yes, we all know about Ford's one-hit wonder (GT40) that won four consecutive times at LeMans.
    After Enzo totally effed the Daytona coupes out of a world championship by "cancelling" the 1964 Monza race, shelby and Ford were absolutely pissed. The Makes championship in 65 and beating Ferrari's backside 4 consecutive times at Lemans proved their point. I totally believe the Pantera was also aimed squarely at Enzo.
    HINCHTOWN!!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Sure Ford did well for a few years against Ferrari, but look at the big picture, the whole last 60+ years Ferrari kicks Ford's butt all over the place. http://www.automobilemag.com/feature...ies/index.html

Liked 644 Times in 509 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevincal
    Sure Ford did well for a few years against Ferrari, but look at the big picture, the whole last 60+ years Ferrari kicks Ford's butt all over the place. http://www.automobilemag.com/feature...ies/index.html
    The link you provided doesn’t really back up your asertion
    You are just throwing fuel on the fire. You might want to go the Motorsport History Forum and learn a little about Ford’s contribution to racing, especially in the area of engines. This whole thing was started by a vindictive comment in a Ferrari press release. I am a big fan of Ferrari, but I recognize that Ferrari behaved badly in that matter. This is certainly not a thread for comparing the relative merits of the two in auto racing. There is no reason to escalate it any further. Who cares? Be a man. Let it go!!
    May the forza be with you

BTW all you are proving is that you can be more vindictive than the next guy! It's not worth it!

ailor: Trust me

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    you are the one trying to stir **** with your long posts about nothing. you get a life LOL. all I am arguing is I hate how our world has become sue happy. Ford is a pathetic company who makes crap cars. Ya so they've done some racing, and made some decent engines. They are nothing compared to Ferrari when it comes to racing.

Liked 311 Times in 207 Posts
    The name has been changed so there's no need to continue this
    When you're tired of rallying...you're tired of life