Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonic
    I may have gone slightly insane from lack of sleep these last few days but....WOW! I love the look - aside from the laughable stock hatch style your logo here stuff. At least the Red Bull's will have something pretty to look at as they lap it.
    You're not insane man, I'm sold on the livery. I think the car looks beautiful, of course apart from the desperate attempt to get sponsors.

Although of course, the look of the car will change dramatically once it's on the circuit. The studio shots look awesome so far.

Liked 201 Times in 155 Posts
    If I was 7up I'd sue for breach of the copyrighted term "cool spot" on something that clearly isn't cool. And I thought this was supposed to be an HRT. It looks for all the world like a Tata.

Are they trying to nick the font from Liverpool's 09/10 European kit?
    The Old Republic was a stupidly run organisation which deserved to be taken over. All Hail Palpatine!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    If I was 7up (ie PepsiCo) I wouldn't be an uptight ass about it. And about the font, no resemblance whatsoever except the "line" in the middle of the characters (which isn't exclusive to that Liverpool font in any way).

I quite like it, though I imagine that new sponsor will change the look quite dramatically. If I was to purchase the big spot on the sidepods, I wouldn't want to be stuck with a predetermined colour scheme, for example.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rollo
    If I was 7up I'd sue for breach of the copyrighted term "cool spot" on something that clearly isn't cool. And I thought this was supposed to be an HRT. It looks for all the world like a Tata.
    Apart from the name of a MAJOR sponsor in two places, I fail to see how it has a "Tata look." In fact I wasn't aware Tata had any distinctive look. Never saw anything close to this livery on any Tata cars in India. Major sponsors have always ruled on at least the livery of the car, case in point West Mclaren Mercedes, Lucky Strike Honda, Rothmans Williams etc.

Besides the livery was designed by Daniel Simon, who I'm guessing is the German concept designer who worked on Tron.

Liked 65 Times in 42 Posts
    Why is a team called 'Hispania Racing' completely devoid of any links to Spain whatsoever? It's not like they've got a title sponsor who demanded a red and white car. Why not use Spain's red and yellow and try and get a little national pride going?
    Forza Ferrari!!

Liked 26 Times in 26 Posts
    Essentially this just seems to be a showcase for the livery designer, which is very nice of HRT, but I'd be more concerned at the distinct lack of sponsors. Looks like another year of hand-to-mouth existence for the team.
    Riccardo Patrese - 256GPs 1977-1993

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ArrowsFA1
    Essentially this just seems to be a showcase for the livery designer, which is very nice of HRT, but I'd be more concerned at the distinct lack of sponsors. Looks like another year of hand-to-mouth existence for the team.
    Still, as long as they stay around, there is a chance that things will get better...
    “Leave me alone!”

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkmoon
    Why is a team called 'Hispania Racing' completely devoid of any links to Spain whatsoever? It's not like they've got a title sponsor who demanded a red and white car. Why not use Spain's red and yellow and try and get a little national pride going?
    To be honest, their 2010 car didn't look any more Spanish than their current one:

Besides, if a team is struggling to even get the cash to put their cars on the grid, they'd have to swallow a bit of the national pride and make way for any major sponsors, which are anyway hugely reluctant in these times. I don't think Tata would like to put their name on a car with Spanish colors, since I'm not sure Spain is or would be one of their biggest target markets. It's amazing that Spain as a country can't generate more sponsors for the only Spanish team on the grid. All the major sponsorship money goes towards only Alonso it seems.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    http://joesaward.wordpress.com/2011/...le-in-germany/

the chassis being built in Salzburg by Carbo Tech Composites GmbH. This company has developed rapidly in recent years thanks in part to a deal that it enjoyed with Scuderia Toro Rosso to build chassis in the days when the the Faenza team was using Red Bull Racing designs. A Carbo Tech chassis was thus the winner of a Grand Prix at Monza in 2008 when Sebastian Vettel won the Italian GP.
    Automobile Club de L'Ile Notre-Dame

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkmoon
    It's called Hispania Racing because Hispania Group is the name of the team owner's company. But other than Carabante, the teams has no links to Spain so it would be ridiculuous to use the Spanish national colours. The team is run out of Kolles Motorsport's shop in Germany, while the car itself was designed in Britain and manufactured by an Austrian company, CarboTech.
    “It used to be about trying to do something. Now it’s about trying to be someone.”