Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Is anyone a bit confused watching the Launch

It's random blokes bringing out parts and assembleing the car as they go?

Different??

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Snoreable. Why choose Berlin?

Car looks nice though.

Liked 65 Times in 42 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by henners88
    Love the L-shaped sidepods on the car too... Just hope its fast..
    I see McLaren used the extra time to give the ugly stick a good work out. That car is one ugly mother****er!
    Forza Ferrari!!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

WOW! Now, THOSE are some radical sidepods. Mclaren might have found something special with those sidepods in the wind tunnel. Probably that is why they revealed their car later.

Liked 65 Times in 42 Posts
    Unfortunately your signature removes about 100kg's of weight from your comment Hawkmoon.. lol
    Of course it does. God could design a McLaren and I'd think it was an ugly pile of crap! But those side pods do nothing for the asthetics of the car. Take a look at the pic X-ecutioner posted above. Different? Absolutely. Radical? Possibly. Beautiful? Not on your life mate!

Mind you, I think all F1 cars, even the red ones, have had a touch of the ugly stick since about '96 or so.
    Forza Ferrari!!

Liked 6 Times in 5 Posts
    At least it's different....every car laucnhed so far looks pretty indentikit aside from perhaps the airbox design and the colour it's painted.
    :champion: WRC3 championship, WRC4 championship, WRC4 PCWRC, WRC4 ERC
    Winner - TRD2 Bathurst:burnout:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkmoon
    Of course it does. God could design a McLaren and I'd think it was an ugly pile of crap! But those side pods do nothing for the asthetics of the car. Take a look at the pic X-ecutioner posted above. Different? Absolutely. Radical? Possibly. Beautiful? Not on your life mate!

Mind you, I think all F1 cars, even the red ones, have had a touch of the ugly stick since about '96 or so.
    For the new Mclaren, I haven't made up my mind yet about how ugly it really is, until we see some more pictures from different angles. So far, yeah, it does look not so pleasing to the eye, but hey, to each his own. Although if it goes like a rocket, then I don't really mind those.

As for ugly Ferraris, the 2008 Ferrari is most probably one of the ugliest F1 cars I have ever seen.

Blecch!

Liked 209 Times in 165 Posts
    Brilliant! I like, how McLaren has introduced aggressive cars in the last two years compared to arch-rival Ferrari, who has been conservative and evolutional. MP4/25 was good, put ultimately didn't pay off big time. Let's see, how will this gamble turn out.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Where other teams have chosen bulky, fat sidepods, McLaren have taken a very different approach. The air flow seems to pass straight to the back of the car and maybe putting more air onto the rear wing. It might not work but if it does then other teams will be unable to copy it with their package. The car looks very streamline from the front, and the L-shaped side pods look very innovative IMO. Roll on Feb 10th!!!
    Yeah, I'm guessing they're aiming for more rear-end grip. BTW what's the dope on other teams copying this sidepod design? I think the rules forbid any radical change during the year, and I don't know if other teams can still copy and implement these sidepods by March.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Looks beautiful from the side profile. What's also interesting is the engine cover/roll hoop solution.