Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: New Forums!

Liked 16,095 Times in 6,984 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark
    Well that's one of the things we can work on in the coming weeks, to get things looking how we want them. So any suggestions welcome!
    I also would like a not so bright color.Dark colors are best when you spent time at a site.Also i d like if we could have avatars.Basically i d ask why we dont have.
    Cheers Mark!

Liked 210 Times in 159 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PLuto
    I loved old blue style...
    I guess I've finally hit the age where I have trouble dealing with change. But as long as we get to have avatars with this upgrade, I'm good (hint, hint).
    "Every generation's memory is exactly as long as its own experience." --John Kenneth Galbraith

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jag_Warrior
    I guess I've finally hit the age where I have trouble dealing with change. But as long as we get to have avatars with this upgrade, I'm good (hint, hint).
    Don't quite see the problem with avatars tbh

Have a look at this thread on another forum I post on, do the avatars really harm the look of the forum? I could understand why 10 years ago we didn't have them as a good deal of people were on 56k and it would make the forum a terrible experience, but times have changed and I think that they should be allowed because they really don't cause any issues.
    http://www.fiatforum.com/500/259286-1-4-twin-air.html
    Rule 1 of the forum, always accuse anyone who disagrees with you of bias.I would say that though.

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel
    Don't quite see the problem with avatars tbh

Have a look at this thread on another forum I post on, do the avatars really harm the look of the forum? I could understand why 10 years ago we didn't have them as a good deal of people were on 56k and it would make the forum a terrible experience, but times have changed and I think that they should be allowed because they really don't cause any issues.
    http://www.fiatforum.com/500/259286-1-4-twin-air.html
    Yeah, if it's a size or bandwidth thing, look at how many of us hot link and post photos in our posts. And if it's a concern about someone using an objectionable avatar... well, we can already post photos. Just establish a limit on how many posts a person has to have before they can upload a custom avatar. Make it 5, 10 or 20... whatever. That way, you eliminate any wise-apples who might want to act cute just to get some attention before they get the boot.

But those of us who have been here for years aren't going to risk a ban over posting a naked girl in our avatar. It's not a HUGE deal to me, but I can't say that I understand the "no avatar" rule anymore... especially now that we have a button to make inserting videos in a post that much easier.

On a more serious note: is there ANY way that we can return to the old style under user options? I've looked and looked and I can't find a way to make it work like I used to. Like in Windows, a person can select the "Windows Classic style" if they don't like the newer styles. I'm not really "feeling it" so far.

But hey, for all your hard work, a big THANKS, Mark. Don't let any criticism be taken too hard. Unless you put rotating pictures of Danica Patrick, Fernando Alonso and Sarah Palin on the front page, I can live with it.

P.S. Avatars, please. Just a small version of this - that's all I want. Pretty please.
    "Every generation's memory is exactly as long as its own experience." --John Kenneth Galbraith

Admin
    Liked 125 Times in 92 Posts
    I did think that a classic style might be a good idea but the old templates don't work with the new software. I'll have a poke around and see if such a thing exists.

As for avatars, I'll give it some consideration!
    Please 'like' our facebook page http://www.facebook.com/motorsportforums

Thanks, Mark.

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    One thing to mention with avatars, I think the forum needs to be setup so the user information is on one side. You don't want avatars making threads longer in terms of scrolling up and down. These days most people have widescreen monitors so it's not like people are going to be losing a huge amount of horizontal space
    Rule 1 of the forum, always accuse anyone who disagrees with you of bias.I would say that though.

Liked 15 Times in 15 Posts
    guess i will get use to it...
    Only the dead know the end of war. Plato:beer:

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by markabilly
    guess i will get use to it...
    There's always the door

Liked 311 Times in 207 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark

As for avatars, I'll give it some consideration!
    Please do that Also I think the main page needs more colours, as IMHO the combination of blu/grey only is a bit boring. I would put a warmer colour into those box next to each Forum.
    When you're tired of rallying...you're tired of life