Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 17252627
    Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    At the end of season I like to ask your feelings about this R2/R3 championship? Was it good idea or bad? What media and spectators talk about those "small" cars? Just because I know that they think that same thing in Finland also. This moment they are planning that next 3 year's here are 3 different class in FRC(4wd cars, R1/R2 and R3/group n/2wd tbo diesel). But after that here is a change that only 2wd cars are allowed in FRC. That's why I like to know your feelings about it...

Liked 1,251 Times in 680 Posts
    The organisers of the BRC had no other choice really. In the last few years there have been 1, maybe 2 S2000 cars in the BRC - they are far too expensive to run. When I've been to the BRC events this year , there have been younger drivers at the front flat out & committed - Evans, Cave, Cronin, Pryce, Nikara, Donnelly, Korhonen, Kumpamaki, etc I doubt they could all have afforded to run a S2000.

However, it will change again next year, when the BRC will run under National permits.

Is there a better sound than that of Porsche engined Flat-6 ???

Liked 802 Times in 437 Posts
    Just to echo what AndyRAC said ^
    The earlier rounds were absorbing for the level playing field the series created . No longer did the deepest pocket have a massive advantage (even if we all mourn the passing of Pugsworth). For Rally Yorkshire it was sad that the event suffered from a foregone conclusion feel / higher objectives by one. But at the end of the day a very good driver beat the new kids on the block to reinforce his credentials as one worth a place in European / World events.
    Kris Meeke got fired -PSG so terrified they quit!