Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: GT5

Liked 10 Times in 7 Posts
    B-Spec is a completely separate mode this time, it doesn't link up with A-Spec at all, other than same cars can be used in both and credits/cars won are interchangable.

There's no time acceleration and no way of pausing/saving though so it can get quite tedious. Not keen on it overall, but it was a necessary evil for me to get as far through the game as I have.
    2nd place in the big quizz challenge!

Liked 16 Times in 16 Posts
    So more of the same which means I will only do the B-Spec to win money and get cars (especially to get past the Historical Cars Challenge in A-Spec).
    "But it aint how hard you hit, it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward. How much you can take, and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done." Rocky.

Liked 6 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Alfa Fan
    What did you use for Historic Racing Car Cup? I had to do B-Spec up to "Like The Wind" to get the Toyota 7 Race Car '70.
    I also used Lamborghini Countach. I upgraded it to the top and also bought a rear wing to give it stability. The first track was rather easy with maximum power Countach. Monaco track i had to try a couple of times before I changed gear ratio. With narrow track and short straights, the maximum acceleration was too much to other cars and Countach was actually superior to other cars and the win was easy there too. Naturally I had the soft racing tyres etc...
    Another Flying Finn

Liked 50 Times in 33 Posts
    B-Spec is a completely separate mode this time, it doesn't link up with A-Spec at all, other than same cars can be used in both and credits/cars won are interchangable.

There's no time acceleration and no way of pausing/saving though so it can get quite tedious. Not keen on it overall, but it was a necessary evil for me to get as far through the game as I have.
    While I love GT5 I have to say that in many ways its pretty user unfriendly, especially as you go further in the game.

It seems like you can't quit a race series halfway through to switch off, then start where you left off like you could before, nor can you pause or speed up B-spec races even though they are 2-3 times longer than A-spec races. How do they expect non-geeks who have real lives to deal with to do the endurance races?

As for Monaco, I used a souped up Dodge Challenger converted to race spec to do it in A-Spec and a Toyota Can Am car to do it in B-spec.

Liked 16 Times in 16 Posts
    How about a challenge for the weekend boys and girls

Post your best times...

Track: Grand Valley Speedway (normal)
    Car: New Nissan GT-R roadcar (any mods you want to make, but only hard racing tyres allowed)
    Weather: Normal

&

Track: High Speed Ring (normal)
    Car: 2010 Subaru WRX STI (again any mods you want to make and any sports tyre compound you want to use)

See ya'll on Monday
    "But it aint how hard you hit, it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward. How much you can take, and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done." Rocky.

Liked 34 Times in 15 Posts
    Once I'd done the full A-Spec (minus endurance races) properly I allowed myself to do the birthday exploit so I could have Chaparral 2J and Ferrari 330 P4 etc
    What does that mean?

Edit - I know what you did now Although how the hell did you change your DoB?
    Twitter - @Rallycameraman

Liked 6 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 555-04Q2
    How about a challenge for the weekend boys and girls

Post your best times...

Track: Grand Valley Speedway (normal)
    Car: New Nissan GT-R roadcar (any mods you want to make, but only hard racing tyres allowed)

&

Track: High Speed Ring (normal)
    Car: 2010 Subaru WRX STI (again any mods you want to make and any sports tyre compound you want to use)

See ya'll on Monday
    Unfortunately I don't have neither of those cars yet since I started the game all over :/

I look for future challenges

But nice idea 555
    Another Flying Finn

Liked 7 Times in 7 Posts
    Just got GT5 for chrimbo and may be a little hooked again.

I, like AFF, am enjoying the challenge of standard cars. I've reached level 10 so far so I certainly don't have any of the motor's to join in the challenges set here yet.

I never did any B spec on GT4 but if it's the only way I can get the X-1, so be it.

On a side note, is anyone else finding the licence tests ridiculously easy? It used to take me a few go's to get gold. But 90% of the time I can do it first time out of the box.
    All other opinions are wrong....

Liked 6 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonic
    On a side note, is anyone else finding the licence tests ridiculously easy? It used to take me a few go's to get gold. But 90% of the time I can do it first time out of the box.
    I settle for pronze or silver but I do have to agree that comparing to previous GTs, licenses are very easy. I remember loosing my mind with some of the licenses in early GTS. Now first run is usually pronze at least

Glad to notice there are others who enjoy standard cars I also like those historic vehicles

What comes to those superracecars, not so much....
    Another Flying Finn

Liked 10 Times in 7 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 306 Cosworth

Edit - I know what you did now Although how the hell did you change your DoB?
    You don't need to! New PSN account with the dob of today and year of car you want. Keep loading it up and opening the birthday ticket, delete game save data, reload, until you get the car which you want. Then befriend your main account with your new PSN account, gift the car, then delete your extra profile (as it can't send any more cars anymore) and create a new one with the year of the next car you want. Repeat until you get everything you want or get bored (it's cumbersome and time-consuming to do this, but I wouldn't have got the Chaparral 2D, 2J, Ford GT 40 '69, Ford MKIV '67, Ferrari P4 330 '67, Mazda 787B '91, Peugeot 905 '92 amongst others any other way
    2nd place in the big quizz challenge!