Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: GT5

Liked 16 Times in 16 Posts

Smile GT5

...is keeping me up at night :

Anyone else playing GT5 around here
    "But it aint how hard you hit, it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward. How much you can take, and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done." Rocky.

Liked 10 Times in 7 Posts
    Yes.

It's very very addictive isn't it!

I'm level 30 A-Spec and level 24 B-Spec atm.

Haven't got round to doing Suzuka 1000km, thats next race to do. Vettel challenge is impossible though I'm finding, even on a wheel...looks like it might be getting to level 40 B-Spec for me to get the X1, although that will take a ridiculous length of time.
    2nd place in the big quizz challenge!

Good to see someone else is also addicted! I love the franchise since I discovered GT3.

I've only had GT5 for about two weeks so I am only on level 23 A-Spec. Haven't tried the B-Spec level yet as I prefer to race not manage. May give B-Spec a go tonight though!

We need to start a GT5 forum race challenge soon!
    "But it aint how hard you hit, it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward. How much you can take, and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done." Rocky.

Liked 6 Times in 2 Posts

I played the game to a level 24 and then I deleted it and started all over again. Why? Because I made it all too easy by tuning the cars I had too superior. I couldn't live with that fundamentally wrong approach to game so I started it again. Now I'm level 10 driving non-tuned cars and boy I love the races wwhen they're tight and hard.

I also bring those cars to Monaco and have a lap there at practise mode.

Naturally, I collect all the rallycars from the game to my carage.

The snow- and dirt-tracks are poor but all the other tracks are pretty damn good. I do like the game very much and I have to admit it's very addictive.

Oh and btw, I'm a GT veteran from the game 1.
    Another Flying Finn

Liked 6 Times in 2 Posts
    Oh, and I also take them to Top Gear track and lap them there.
    Another Flying Finn

Liked 10 Times in 7 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 555-04Q2
    Good to see someone else is also addicted! I love the franchise since I discovered GT3.

I've only had GT5 for about two weeks so I am only on level 23 A-Spec. Haven't tried the B-Spec level yet as I prefer to race not manage. May give B-Spec a go tonight though!

We need to start a GT5 forum race challenge soon!
    What did you use for Historic Racing Car Cup? I had to do B-Spec up to "Like The Wind" to get the Toyota 7 Race Car '70.

Once I'd done the full A-Spec (minus endurance races) properly I allowed myself to do the birthday exploit so I could have Chaparral 2J and Ferrari 330 P4 etc
    2nd place in the big quizz challenge!

Quote Originally Posted by Alfa Fan
    What did you use for Historic Racing Car Cup? I had to do B-Spec up to "Like The Wind" to get the Toyota 7 Race Car '70.

Once I'd done the full A-Spec (minus endurance races) properly I allowed myself to do the birthday exploit so I could have Chaparral 2J and Ferrari 330 P4 etc
    I used a Lamborghini Countach and a Ferrari 512. I've tried it about 25 to 30 times and I still haven't won it yet It's been the only frustrating part of the game so far!

I think I may have to go your route to get the Toyota 7 Race Car '70 to win it! Thanks for the info there!

Quote Originally Posted by A.F.F.
    The snow- and dirt-tracks are poor but all the other tracks are pretty damn good. I do like the game very much and I have to admit it's very addictive.
    I have to agree. GT has never really had great dirt or snow tracks. It is the one area where the GT games have always lacked for me.

But it is kick a$$ good with the tarmac tracks!

Liked 20 Times in 20 Posts
    Is the B-spec AI driver any less pathetic than in GT4?

It really had no purpose in GT4 besides to finish races more quickly, thanks to the fast forward function.

Quote Originally Posted by theugsquirrel
    Is the B-spec AI driver any less pathetic than in GT4?

It really had no purpose in GT4 besides to finish races more quickly, thanks to the fast forward function.
    Don't know cause I haven't tried it yet on GT5. I also only used the B-Spec for the 24 hour endurance races in GT4. Raced for an hour or two and built up a lead, let the B-Spec driver lose it for me over the next few hours before racing again myself to win the race!

Maybe Alfa Fan can tell us if the new B-Spec in GT5 is better than it was in GT4.