Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bolton Midnight
    Don't know or care whether his target audience is black he should not have his own series on the BBC because he just is not funny.

Being black and gay should not be a quick track to fame / fortune. It needs to be earnt.
    Funny isn't a constant, it's different for everybody. People you find are absolutely hilarious are hated by other people and vice versa. I'm sure there are plenty of people that find him hilarious. So why don't you do practice what you preach. Change the god damn channel and stop whining.

Liked 77 Times in 62 Posts
    Can someone — preferably one of the tiresome types who bleats on about the scourge of 'political correctness' all the time — answer a question that's been bugging me, please? If I were to go up to someone and say that I thought their much-loved, recently-deceased grandmother was a ****, could I get away with it by claiming that I was being 'politically incorrect'?

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BDunnell
    Can someone — preferably one of the tiresome types who bleats on about the scourge of 'political correctness' all the time — answer a question that's been bugging me, please? If I were to go up to someone and say that I thought their much-loved, recently-deceased grandmother was a ****, could I get away with it by claiming that I was being 'politically incorrect'?
    Depends if the grandmother used to read the Daily Mail I guess?
    Rule 1 of the forum, always accuse anyone who disagrees with you of bias.I would say that though.

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    Another wrote: ‘Just watched Come Fly With Me? It’s like you woke up on a 1978 National Front comedy revue.’
    The show, broadcast at 10pm, was the second most-watched show on Christmas Day, attracting an audience of 10.3million.

Some folk need to get out more, or better still just kill themselves

The replies seem more grounded as you'd expect from Mail readers

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Drew
    Funny isn't a constant, it's different for everybody. People you find are absolutely hilarious are hated by other people and vice versa. I'm sure there are plenty of people that find him hilarious. So why don't you do practice what you preach. Change the god damn channel and stop whining.
    Nobody on here has said Amos is funny though, so doesn't seem like anyone rates him. It's just tokenism and nothing else, spot of window dressing to appease the pro minority luvies.

Liked 77 Times in 62 Posts
    [I]
    Some folk need to get out more, or better still just kill themselves
    So anyone who disagrees with your opinion on a TV programme should kill themselves? Excellent logic there.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Nobody on here has said Amos is funny though, so doesn't seem like anyone rates him. It's just tokenism and nothing else, spot of window dressing to appease the pro minority luvies.
    He's OK in my opinion. Certainly not the greatest in the world, though.

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by IronRooster92
    uh-oh, some people aren't happy about Come Fly With Me: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz...ed-racism.html
    It was ****.

Not racist, not anything-ist, just utterly dire.
    Useful F1 Twitter thingy: http://goo.gl/6PO1u

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Amos is ok-ish, but I could reel off a list of white heterosexual comedians who are far worse and yet appear on TV regularly. Michael McIntyre and Peter Kay for starters, although that's my personal opinion. Comedy is subjective, if you prefer Boyle or even Jim Davidson then that's up to you, but to suggest that Amos be barred from TV while in the same breath whinging about being told what you can and cannot watch is absurdly hypocritical.
    Useful F1 Twitter thingy: http://goo.gl/6PO1u

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    Peter Kay is a god compared to Amos, think you're on your own there.

Don't much care for the whole Little Britain thing but can see why the majority would prefer it to Amos who by any standards just isn't funny.