Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Liked 16,095 Times in 6,984 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by morganmilan
    Thnx Mirek. If I´m not wrong, I guess then than the less slippery the rally is, the best times a s2000 can reach against 1.6T cars, because the less need of torque ( although if there are a lot of slow curves...). Am I right?
    Logical thinking.

Liked 313 Times in 137 Posts
    The lot higher torque the S2000 1.6T has, especially on lower revs which gives more power, gives a big advantage when accelerating out of hairpins and junctions. Another advantage IMO is that it will also enable higher top speed due to different gear and final drive ratios.

I don’t know how the homologation procedure works but I’ve understood that a manufacturer has first to homologate a S2000. I don’t think that there’s a need to do another homologation for the whole car for the WRC version, just the WRC kit. This raises the question, is it possible to homologate different gear and final drive ratios for the S2000 version and the WRC version of the car.

The same engine with a 33 mm restrictor and a 30 mm restrictor are IMO little bit different in nature, e.g. the 30 mm restrictor version has its peak torque on lower revs and generally the whole working rev band is on lower revs compared to the engine with 33 mm restrictor. But I don’t know would this give a need for different ratios.

It will be interesting to hear what kind of sound it has. But as Mirek said, we’ll see.
    “Don’t eat the yellow snow” Frank Zappa

Liked 21 Times in 13 Posts
    C.I.R. will allow 1,6Ts to start on rallies , but they can't score points . A 1,6T driver cannot be named the Italian champion

Liked 11,152 Times in 4,427 Posts
    Same in Czech republic for both 1.6T and RGT.

OldF. Same gear sets for both if I understand regs well.
    Stupid is as stupid does. Forrest Gump

Liked 3,297 Times in 1,736 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PLuto
    Yes, Todt, Chandler, Berger and Richards enforced 1.6T into regulations despite dfiance other people. But it is still politics, big pushes, big money. FIA is still the same (or better some of the top people at FIA has the same manners...
    So, in 2004 FIA banned the most powerful rally cars (WRCs) from regional championships. Everybody complained.
    Now they bring them back. And everybody complains again?
    http://www.rallymadness.prv.pl - rally photos and movies!

Liked 16,095 Times in 6,984 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by OldF
    The lot higher torque the S2000 1.6T has, especially on lower revs which gives more power, gives a big advantage when accelerating out of hairpins and junctions.
    comparing with?

Liked 11,152 Times in 4,427 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarek Z
    So, in 2004 FIA banned the most powerful rally cars (WRCs) from regional championships. Everybody complained.
    Of course they do. Three hundred S2000 cars were bought because they were able to win rallies, not to play second league. Moreover if there will be handful of 1.6T in whole Europe this year. S2000 formula proved itself to be healthy and working, so why not to kill it?
    Stupid is as stupid does. Forrest Gump

Liked 3,794 Times in 1,687 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarek Z
    No, but the problem is when and how FIA is doing it. FIA wanted to allow cars, which should be more better than actual cars in time, where this cars arent ready for sell. Before starting of the season, almost nobody is able to buy such a car. In that case, there should be only lucky drivers, who can have this cars for beginning of the season. And I think this isnt so serious. For me is OK to allow this cars in regional championships from 2012, when there will be more cars available for everybody. Not now, when only very low number of drivers can have this car (rented)...

Liked 3,297 Times in 1,736 Posts
    I get your point PLuto. Logical thinking. But, unfortunately, FIA are a bunch of narrow-minded i.d.i.o.t.s. who don't have any vision of the future of our sport. For example, a few years ago they said that rallies should be simpler to follow for new fans. And now they complicate everything when it comes to car categories. Super 2000 cars are classified in group N! But some Super 2000 cars have 1600 engine! We have groups A, N, R and GT. Who can follow all that? It's total chaos!
    http://www.rallymadness.prv.pl - rally photos and movies!

Liked 313 Times in 137 Posts
    Thanks Mirek.

I don’t exactly know how it’s in Finland because there’s no mention about S2000 1.6T, only that Super 2000 Rally are eligible.

Two-wheel drive class

2WD class is one of the two FRC classes. The following cars are eligible in the class:

Group N, FIA R2, FIA R3 and FIN R up to and including 2000 cm3; Super 1600 cars are allowed to take part, but the drivers are not eligible for FRC points.

Four-wheel drive class

In the 4WD class Group N cars over 2000 cm3, FIA R4 and Super 2000 Rally are eligible for points. FIA R4 is a new car for season 2011, and it´s homologation regulations will only be published in early 2011. It will be interesting to see if we see any of these cars in FRC 2011.

http://www.rallism.fi/en/info/
    “Don’t eat the yellow snow” Frank Zappa