Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Accused

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave B
    Not personally, but a glimpse at the website would indicate it was about the death of Baby "P". What's that got to do with tax avoidance or the BBC?
    It was to do with tax being wasted, those ineffectual wastes of air were funded out of my taxes - all of them from the chocolate fire-guard social workers and their bosses down to Baby P's fat slob of a mum and her sick boyfriend.

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bolton Midnight
    It was to do with tax being wasted, those ineffectual wastes of air were funded out of my taxes - all of them from the chocolate fire-guard social workers and their bosses down to Baby P's fat slob of a mum and her sick boyfriend.
    The Baby P case was a bloody shambles, there's no doubt about that. But that's to ignore the hundreds or thousands of cases which go right but don't make good headlines. Isolated incidents don't mean that the entire system is broken, or that tax shouldn't be used to fund social workers. Tell you what, as social workers are so useless and shouldn't be state-funded, what are your proposals for reducing or preventing child abuse?
    Useful F1 Twitter thingy: http://goo.gl/6PO1u

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    They need to pick the right sort of candidates - reading the Guardian for example should immediately bar you from being involved with a child's safety. Climbe case was the same social services, it seems that Haringey Council would be best to sack everyone and start again. Like most councils they have ineptitude running right through them.

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    They need to pick the right sort of candidates.
    Well duhhhhhh. I don't suppose they're sitting there thinking "let's pick any old duffer off the street". Councils' recruitment for social workers should be top-notch and in the majority of cases which never make the news the employees do do a good job.

The Baby P case represented one specific failing. A catastrophic one, granted, but one isolated incident nonetheless. Climbié was a decade previous, so you can hardly call it endemic.

Nobody's suggesting that improvements aren't possible, but you seemed to be suggesting that the problem was that your taxes have to fund child protection, no?

PS, you seem to have an unhealthy obsession with The Guardian. I understood that most council recruitment was done at a local level with the exception of major strategic posts. Maybe your anger should be directed at The Willesden and Brent Times.

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    They pick the wrong sort of person, there are cases galore where they have got it wrong, the Lincolnshire chap who was raping his daughters, they visited him time and time again but proved to be absolutely useless. Ex coppers would be a better type of person to recruit or ex military rather than this type of bozo

http://www.sovereignty.org.uk/features/eco/viz1.jpg

AFAIK nobody was dismissed after Climbe, shame because if they had then Baby P may still well be alive today. And to add insult to injury these useless feckers have the brass neck to winge when they are suspended on full pay when it was their incompetence that led to the death of a child under their care.

No I don't mind paying for decent services carried out by capable people, which just isn't the case at present.

You could sack 2m public sector bods and nobody would notice; they are that useless.

Liked 77 Times in 62 Posts
    Are you suggesting that social services be privatised? Get real.

They pick the wrong sort of person, there are cases galore where they have got it wrong, the Lincolnshire chap who was raping his daughters, they visited him time and time again but proved to be absolutely useless. Ex coppers would be a better type of person to recruit or ex military rather than this type of bozo
    Again, your simplistic attitude seems to know no bounds. It's become the traditional cry of those on the right who lack ideas — 'get ex-policemen or ex-servicemen in, they'll do a good job'. Rubbish. There are many fine individuals in the police and the armed forces, but to suggest that somehow they all represent paragons of excellence from which we could all learn is complete nonsense. Ever heard of institutionalised racism or Deepcut?

They need to pick the right sort of candidates - reading the Guardian for example should immediately bar you from being involved with a child's safety.
    I read the Guardian. Given that we have never, thank goodness, met, please inform me why I am automatically a danger to children. I find this insinuation deeply offensive.

Unlike all the other questions posed to you in recent days, such as what the nature is of the health business you claim to run (while blowing stale cigarette smoke over its clients) and which top public school you claim to have been taught at (without apparently taking much in), I expect an answer.

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    They pick the wrong sort of person, there are cases galore where they have got it wrong,
    Could it be that "cases galore" is an overstatement. Nobody's disagreeing that every failing by child services is awful, but you appear to be willfully ignoring the thousands of routine and unremarkable cases which go unreported, where these people do make a positive difference, in favour of a tiny minority of high-profile failings.

There's scope for improvement, I totally and utterly appreciate that, but the wholesale root and branch sacking of all involved is not the answer.

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    If you put a garden gnome in the airing cupboard of every child on the 'at risk' register most would survive, so does that mean that garden gnomes in airing cupboards are just as effective as social workers, no of course not it's just that they don't really make much difference. My step sister was one, she spent most of her time typing up notes and covering her arse.

It really isn't rocket science to see who are the scumbag parents who are likely to harm their kids. They need to go into any interview assuming that the parent is lying, whereas they are such woolly liberals they believe the lies because they want to think they are making a difference.