Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

This cracks me up

http://www.thatsracin.com

look at the weekly poll they run.

driver of the year, Johnson, Harvick, Jr., or Jeff Gordon?

wait, Dale Jr. and Jeff Gordon

Jr. won one race, by a fluke, and Gordon only had two wins, both really never competed in the chase, was it because they made it in the chase they earned Driver of the year, and whats even worse is that many people voted for Jooyner.

you'd think Jeff Burton, Denny Hamlin, or Matt Kenseth would've been a better pick than those two
    Brian France is a violation of Section 12-1 (actions detrimental to stock car racing)

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    It is a fan vote, a popularity contest. People like Jr and Jeffy, and while really good guys like Burton, Hamelin and ya..Harvick get the short shrift...
    "Water for my horses, beer for my men and mud for my turtle".

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Well, Harvick is leading the polling....

Jimmie Johnson 800 votes (30%)Kevin Harvick 970 votes (36%)Dale Earnhardt Jr. 683 votes (26%)Jeff Gordon 215 votes (8%)

I agree Hamlin had a better year than Gordon and Earnhardt, but Burton's year was about even with Earnhardts. And, in a lot of ways guys like Kahne and Stewart had better years than anyone but Johnson and Harvick.
    Racing season is soon upon us!:smokin:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Burton wasn't expected though to fight the top dogs and get a win, and also get in the chase. He was a man on a mission and had the title swinging his way until he got that flat tire at Talladega with only a few laps to go, after that, it went downhill
    Brian France is a violation of Section 12-1 (actions detrimental to stock car racing)

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Burton never had a real shot at the title, he simply never ran at the front of the pack in the same way as most of the other top drivers. He did have a great season, but his runs were in the 8-12 range, rarely leading races, and very rarely a threat for a top3. Good consistent running it was, but nothing like JJ, Harvick, Stewart, Kahne and to a lesser extent Hamlin, Earnhardt, and Gordon. Remember finishing order doesn't tell the whole story, especially where Burton is concerned relative to other top runners in '06.
    Racing season is soon upon us!:smokin:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I voted someone else, as its Denny Hamlin.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoss Ghoul
    Burton never had a real shot at the title, he simply never ran at the front of the pack in the same way as most of the other top drivers. He did have a great season, but his runs were in the 8-12 range, rarely leading races, and very rarely a threat for a top3. Good consistent running it was, but nothing like JJ, Harvick, Stewart, Kahne and to a lesser extent Hamlin, Earnhardt, and Gordon. Remember finishing order doesn't tell the whole story, especially where Burton is concerned relative to other top runners in '06.
    if not for many races where he was dominating the event, then the car all of a sudden just fell of, he dominated Indy before something happened, and also Bristol.

but for a guy who hasn't been in a title chase since 99, and to come back and everyone saying hes finished, he still proved he had what it took and the race at Dover proved it when he and Kenseth both drove hard for the win

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I still don't have faith yet in Kasey, his 6 wins were all with the same car with the same type of speedway. anyone with a car like that would leave the field.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Speedworx
    I voted someone else, as its Denny Hamlin.
    Hamlin won't win. mokin:

Kevin Harvick STILL leads the Poll Results
    01. Kevin Harvick = 1262 votes (36%)
    02. Jimmie Johnson = 1052 votes (30%)
    03. Dale Earnhardt Jr = 0905 votes (26%)
    04. Jeff Gordon = 0293 votes (8%)

3512 people have voted so far
    2008 ESPN Stockcar Challenge MSF Champion :D
    2007 Yahoo! Boogity Boogity Boogity Champion :D

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    pretty funny how almost more people are voting for Jr. than Johnson :

thats sad, as Jooyner is overrated :