Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Podium Style

Liked 335 Times in 204 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Iskald
    Was never on my mind rating rally drivers for their podium style. Really?
    Pfft. It's the off season and this is as interesting a topic as any other at the minute.

There are a few that stick in my mind, obviously Colin doing donuts in '95 and Solberg trying to crowd surf after winning the championship at Margam Park. Marcus was usually fairly lively with the champagne too.

The thing with rallying is that it's quite a while from finding out that you've won to when you celebrate so, I would assume, a lot of the euphoria has died down. That means that it's usually the end of the final stage that you get the fun. For that there are few better than Petter
    You're so beige, you probably think this signature is about someone else.

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by olschl
    Exactly! It seems a Japanese driver won Rally Africa sometime in the early/mid-90s and had no idea how to spray the champagne. He was shaking the bottle without his thumb over the opening and was obviously very confused as to how the entire process worked. Laughed myself right out of my chair.
    I think I remeber that too. My former co-driver did the same thing when we won our first rally. he also opened the bottle far before he should have...
    2009 Colorado Rally Cup Champion & 2009 CHCA Rookie Of the Year