Page 210 of 492 FirstFirst ... 110160200208209210211212220260310 ... LastLast
Results 2,091 to 2,100 of 4917
    Liked 66 Times in 54 Posts
    My facebook feed has been full of gloating PNE fans. It's like they've actually won the cup.

Anyways, the best team in Preston is Hardly Athletic 5-a-side team that plays every Tuesday.
    Tazio 14/3/2015: I'll give every member on this forum 1,000.00 USD if McLaren fails to podium this season!

Liked 201 Times in 155 Posts
    World Cup 1966: Letter Reveals Doping Breach on German Team - SPIEGEL ONLINE
    In the letter, Andrejevic noted that the tests revealed very slight traces of an ephedrine-based medicine against cold symptoms in three players from the West German football team. Ephedrine is used as a decongestant but also as a stimulant.
    All teams at the time had been given a list of banned medicines, and ephedrine was on that list. No maximum permissible levels had been provided, which meant that strictly speaking, the German players were doped.

:O

No we're not on drugs, we're okay, we were just thinking you know, why don't you get us a Pepsi...
    The Old Republic was a stupidly run organisation which deserved to be taken over. All Hail Palpatine!

Liked 22 Times in 14 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Brown, Jon Brow
    My facebook feed has been full of gloating PNE fans. It's like they've actually won the cup.

Anyways, the best team in Preston is Hardly Athletic 5-a-side team that plays every Tuesday.
    Believe me mate, if you had endured the last 8 years of Preston going from Premiership hopefuls, through a series of terrible decisions on and off the field, into finanical turmoil, relegation - whilst our bitter rivals Burnley, and then especially Blackpool (that lot with the tower) getting to the Premier League - then lording it over us. We even a plane over Deepdale sent by Blackpool fans on our day of relegation! And even the word PNECRISIS as the Conundrum on Countdown!

So effectively, the 87th minute winner and final whistle saw at outpouring of all that in one go

PNE are on the way up again

And I tell you what, 17,500 fans on Deepdale (inc. 4,500 tangerines) created a mighty atmosphere. I've been to Old Trafford a few times in recent years. The atmosphere was WAY WAY better than the tourists and franchise followers produce.
    Niente č vero, tutto č permesso

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Rm: 1. - mou: 0
    Without sharing there can be no justice,
    Without justice there can be no peace,
    Without peace there can be no future.
    please click here once a day: http://www.thehungersite.com

Quote Originally Posted by Bezza
    Believe me mate, if you had endured the last 8 years of Preston going from Premiership hopefuls, through a series of terrible decisions on and off the field, into finanical turmoil, relegation - whilst our bitter rivals Burnley, and then especially Blackpool (that lot with the tower) getting to the Premier League - then lording it over us. We even a plane over Deepdale sent by Blackpool fans on our day of relegation! And even the word PNECRISIS as the Conundrum on Countdown!

So effectively, the 87th minute winner and final whistle saw at outpouring of all that in one go

PNE are on the way up again

And I tell you what, 17,500 fans on Deepdale (inc. 4,500 tangerines) created a mighty atmosphere. I've been to Old Trafford a few times in recent years. The atmosphere was WAY WAY better than the tourists and franchise followers produce.
    You can tell PNE have not had a lot of success recently when they celebrate a League Cup round 1 victory with a pitch-invasion. And Burnley in the next round now!

Old Traffords atmosphere really depends on the game. There's too many Chinese tourists to get a good atmosphere in a game against the likes of Norwich or Swansea. It's Champions League Q/F or S/F against Barcelona or Real Madrid that get that place rocking. The roar from the Stretford end against Real Madrid last year was massive.

Well done to Carlisle, knocking out Blackburn Rovers on penalties in the League Cup last night.
    Tazio 14/3/2015: I'll give every member on this forum 1,000.00 USD if McLaren fails to podium this season!

Goal-line technology will finally be used in the Premier League next year.

The 'goal that wasn't' has ensured that Frank Lampard has helped take football into the 21st century - Telegraph

Thank you Frank Lampard.

Liked 22 Times in 14 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Brown, Jon Brow
    Goal-line technology will finally be used in the Premier League next year.

The 'goal that wasn't' has ensured that Frank Lampard has helped take football into the 21st century - Telegraph

Thank you Frank Lampard.

About time too!

Although, the only technology needed for that particular goal was common sense!
    Niente č vero, tutto č permesso

Liked 192 Times in 174 Posts
    ^very true
    common sense and good vision. 2 things that refs and linesmen often lack.
    Tito Vilanova = :champion:

Liked 50 Times in 32 Posts
    I went to see Arsenal vs Man City in Helsinki today, the first time I saw a game live since 1980's when I watched Lahden Reipas play someone. Pretty good game and weather was ok.
    C'est la vie ja taksi tuo.

Liked 802 Times in 437 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by janneppi
    I went to see Arsenal vs Man City in Helsinki today, the first time I saw a game live since 1980's when I watched Lahden Reipas play someone. Pretty good game and weather was ok.
    Hope you enjoyed watching the miserly Gunners (spend the money Wenger!!!) and young Theo in particular
    Kris Meeke got fired -PSG so terrified they quit!