Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
    Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark in Oshawa
    Ioan, so basically, do the police pull everyone over when they only suspect one guy of speeding? usu
    No, they only pull the guy they know for sure that was speeding.
    In fact they only send you the bill and the picture nowadays.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark in Oshawa
    Listen, I get where you are going with this, but face the reality. The cops don't pull everyone over when they know the car weaving is the one with the drunk in it. Now I know where your next thought is and it is HA, you cant discriminate against these people because they look like Muslims! Ah yes...you cannot just do it based on that. But watching someone looking to get on the plane who is in a cold sweat, furtive and nervous and then NOT talking to them or putting them through the same scanner would be foolish would it not? It always is to laugh, those who say you cant treat anyone differently on something like this can be the same people who when faced with more government surveillance such as video cameras on the street then say "well you have nothing to worry about if you are not breaking the law".

Listen, on the street, in our homes, out for a walk, I don't need the government to be all over me keeping me safe. For the 6 hours a year I might spend on a plane, I will live with the increased security. But I still think in the end, this one size fits all plan that the Americans have implented with body scans and intrusive pat downs (it might be the best date some people get all year!) is stupid. If they do this to everyone, maybe I buy it, but actually they don't. They may scan everyone, but at random they are hand searching so many passengers per flight or IF they see something. Well, just leave the pat down to IF they see something on the scan, I can live with it. Then again, I don't fly often.

If the Airlines had to look after their own security and were liable for it, I suspect it would be less intrusive yet likely more effective. TSA are about some of the dumbest and most hidebound security morons I have ever dealt with.
    I have nothing against security checks if it is the same for everyone, and this is because I fly two ways every 2nd week, mostly to the middle East.
    I never cared if it's a scanner, a metal detector or another method as long as it doesn't hurt. However I am against the government telling me what is best for me or anyone else. And I hate discrimination after I have been at it's receiving end endless times.
    Michael Schumacher The Best Ever F1 Driver
    Everything I post is my own opinion and I\'ll always try to back it up! :)
    They need us: http://www.ursusarctos.ro

Liked 673 Times in 470 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BDunnell
    So you think everyone should merely acquiesce to whatever measures the authorities deem necessary, even if they are over-the-top and counterproductive? I think we can do better than that.
    I've never said anyone should accept what the authorities place on them. I've simply said that it's a choice for the majority of people, and if they don't like it they shouldn't fly.

The only time any government forced me to fly was when I was employed by the government. And to get that job I was subject to much more intrusive background checks, drug testing, etc than anything I've ever experienced at a commercial airport.

The technology exists to make airport security less of a hassle, quicker and, barring human error or deliberate foul play on the part of security operatives, more effective. As we know, there should be no need for any ban on liquids and suchlike; scanning equipment ought to be able to detect whether a liquid being taken on an aircraft contains anything it shouldn't. However, cost that gets in the way of it being used.
    Cost is a factor in everything. What government or company that you can name uses this completely effective yet unobtrusive security measure?

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ioan
    No, they only pull the guy they know for sure that was speeding.
    In fact they only send you the bill and the picture nowadays.
    yes..and the cameras don't catch the drunk NOT speeding who crosses the center line and kills a family in a head on.

Sometimes a cop using his discretion is more effective. Ditto at airports..security that isn't one size fits all DOES work. If people noticing 20 Arabian men getting on 4 planes with no luggage checked on cross country flights made them check these guys out, maybe 3000 people are alive today...

Quote Originally Posted by ioan
    I have nothing against security checks if it is the same for everyone, and this is because I fly two ways every 2nd week, mostly to the middle East.
    I never cared if it's a scanner, a metal detector or another method as long as it doesn't hurt. However I am against the government telling me what is best for me or anyone else. And I hate discrimination after I have been at it's receiving end endless times.
    I think your attitude is correct and commendable, but again, that isn't really what this crap is about with TSA. The reason really that most Americans are getting mad is that for the last 9 years they have been screened, harassed and tormented by one escalation of security after another. I suspect that most Americans have little faith that TSA would still get the right guys in the end, because they often RANDOMLY search anyone for bombs.....as I said...the 90 year old Granny going to Butte isn't the bomb threat the 20 something guy who is sweating buckets in the air conditioning is...but under the current regs, granny gets the pat down if her number is up......and not the guy with c4 in his shorts.

I think most people want some rational thought....is that too much to ask?
    "Water for my horses, beer for my men and mud for my turtle".

Liked 15 Times in 15 Posts
    Whose people, exactly?
    according to some DNA tests, those people included not only jews, but blacks as well.

Explains why Hitler was so pissed and frustrated. He wanted to be aryan, but like most folks, he was just gectically just a common stray dog, Unfortunately who found a home and then burned it down...

now some guy is going to jail because the pat-down was too much and so instead of going, he came

Face it, sooner or later we all gonna die.....starter was right, nuke everything they are fighting for....nuke them as well

now is that rational enough??
    Only the dead know the end of war. Plato:beer:

Liked 15 Times in 15 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by donKey jote
    big talk from the big boys, yet so morally wrong it's not even worth discussing
    aint morally wrong if you win, and you don t illegals like braying brits sneak into the country mokin:
    Only the dead know the end of war. Plato:beer:

Liked 19 Times in 15 Posts
    actually they may as well totally X-ray you and send the results to you doctor for evaluation. In addition you should be able to choose male or female for the pat down
    Obama to Biden - "Let the Welfare checks rain upon the Earth - I am going to a barbecue"