Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Autosport digital edition

Has anyone else tried out the new digital version of Autosport magazine?

I bought an issue today for £2, and IMO, its not bad. You can download it as a PDF document or read it online.
    Whats a uni?

Admin
    Liked 125 Times in 92 Posts
    Too expensive. I stopped buying the magazine when it went up to £1.60.

£1 and I might give it a look.
    Please 'like' our facebook page http://www.facebook.com/motorsportforums

Liked 7 Times in 7 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark
    Too expensive. I stopped buying the magazine when it went up to £1.60.

£1 and I might give it a look.
    Agreed. They called me (the publishers) and offered me a free copy of the digi issue as a thank you to a subscriber (now former - it's just too dang expensive) and it weren't half bad, but I wouldn't spend cash money on it.
    All other opinions are wrong....

Liked 1,251 Times in 680 Posts
    Autosport hasn't been good for years. Used to be very good with a good mix of motorsport, now, it's mainly F1, with the rest used as 'filler'. When was the last time F1 wasn't on the front?

Is there a better sound than that of Porsche engined Flat-6 ???

Liked 77 Times in 62 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyRAC
    Autosport hasn't been good for years. Used to be very good with a good mix of motorsport, now, it's mainly F1, with the rest used as 'filler'. When was the last time F1 wasn't on the front?
    There is one reason, and one reason only, why this will be the case — because it sells, and other cover subjects don't. Sad but true. Same goes for other types of magazine, too.

Liked 1,251 Times in 680 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BDunnell
    There is one reason, and one reason only, why this will be the case — because it sells, and other cover subjects don't. Sad but true. Same goes for other types of magazine, too.
    Yes, I agree, however it just reinforces the view that Motorsport=F1. While it has probably always been the biggest Motorsport, it's dominance is now unhealthy - other disciplines used to get decent coverage, but have now all shrunk.

Is there a better sound than that of Porsche engined Flat-6 ???

Liked 77 Times in 62 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyRAC
    Yes, I agree, however it just reinforces the view that Motorsport=F1. While it has probably always been the biggest Motorsport, it's dominance is now unhealthy - other disciplines used to get decent coverage, but have now all shrunk.
    It's a great shame, certainly, but Autosport will, I'm sure, have found itself in a vicious circle. The attitude you describe leads people to want to read about F1, so the magazine feels increasingly obliged to serve that interest.

Liked 32 Times in 32 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BDunnell
    It's a great shame, certainly, but Autosport will, I'm sure, have found itself in a vicious circle. The attitude you describe leads people to want to read about F1, so the magazine feels increasingly obliged to serve that interest.
    A couple of years ago Jonathan Noble admitted to BBC 5live that the' Hamilton effect' was boosting Autosport's circulation.

The magazine that I consider buying these days is Motorsport