Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

TV coverage 2010

I am interested to hear the views on the television coverage this year.

Dave: a big improvment, after the disappointing coverage we had in 2009, there has been less focus on celebrities, more focus on rallying!

Motors TV: When it was announced that the WRC was to be broadcast on Motors TV in 2010, I was excited. More so because I had mainly watched the WRC on Dave in 2009.

But, I was disappointed greatly by the coverage that was on Motors this year. Too many on-boards, which woudn't of been bad if the on-board quailty was as good as IRC on-boards. Simon Hill is a good circuit racing commentator, but I don't think he is suited to rallying.

BBC: This was the first time I had watched the BBC Wales program, and after hearing many good things about the 2009 program, I expected a good rallying program, and I was not disappointed.

I hope all rally reports arre on the BBC next year, and there is a possibilty that could happen, as it seems that the Dave coverge has been axed.

Of course this is just the British coverage, feel free to express your views on your respective countrys coverage
    Whats a uni?

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I pretty much agree.

Dave coverage was much improved on last year.

The Motors TV coverage drives me mad!!! I got a SKY TV subscription because of it and what a waste of money! The picture quality of it all is very bad and the commentary very very poor. I actually loose interest in the program and I love the sport!

The BBC Wales coverage was great as in the previous year. I think that it is the kind of coverage that would engage and enthuse new audiences.

I hope that it does end up on the BBC next year. I think that it should be given to them at a nominal fee so as to increase the audience. I wonder what the viewing figures used to be like when it was on all those years ago....?