Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Walking Dead

Liked 6 Times in 2 Posts

Walking Dead

I love a good zombie movies like Dawn of the Dead, 28 Days Later, Shawn of the Dead etc... I don't why this genre appeals me but I like them movies

I watched two episodes of Walking Dead and it was brilliant. How many episodes are out in US already?
    Another Flying Finn

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by A.F.F.
    I love a good zombie movies like Dawn of the Dead, 28 Days Later, Shawn of the Dead etc... I don't why this genre appeals me but I like them movies

I watched two episodes of Walking Dead and it was brilliant. How many episodes are out in US already?
    Have you played Left 4 Dead Jani? If you like zombie movies you'll love it.

[youtube]UF1HVlcXBmA[/youtube]

Any zombie movie lover will love the game
    Rule 1 of the forum, always accuse anyone who disagrees with you of bias.I would say that though.

Liked 6 Times in 2 Posts
    I haven't played it but I noticed you said great things about it way earlier so i checked it.

If only I had more time.... (and a decent pc)
    Another Flying Finn

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    I haven't played it but I noticed you said great things about it way earlier so i checked it.

If only I had more time.... (and a decent pc)
    You shouldn't need an amazingly good PC. I reckon your PC will be just fine
    Rule 1 of the forum, always accuse anyone who disagrees with you of bias.I would say that though.

Liked 6 Times in 2 Posts
    Not at this moment. I burnt my graphic card... again. So I'm about to buy a whole new PC. And when I do, I'll be heading to New Vegas
    Another Flying Finn

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Not at this moment. I burnt my graphic card... again. So I'm about to buy a whole new PC. And when I do, I'll be heading to New Vegas
    If you want any advice on the pc you know where to ask There's some good stuff coming out early next year too

Anyway back to zombies ;D

Liked 82 Times in 63 Posts
    Mindless thread.
    “If everything's under control, you're going too slow.” Mario Andretti

Liked 210 Times in 159 Posts
    We're up to Ep.4 now, with #5 coming on this Sunday. After watching Breaking Bad, Mad Men, Rubicon and the mini-series The Prisoner, I decided that I owed it to myself to watch anything on AMC. That network has the absolute best original dramas of any network I've ever seen. I liked Breaking Bad and Mad Men right off the bat (although Mad Men is slipping quite a bit, IMO). It took me awhile to warm up to Rubicon, but as it's moved through its paces and the stories and characters have developed, I now see it as fairly brilliant, as was The Prisoner.

I missed part of the first episode of The Walking Dead, but I've seen all the other episodes. I'm still warming up to it. I thought it might be kind of silly, but as with some other AMC dramas, it takes a genre that I'm not crazy about and weaves very good stories around it.

My personal rule with AMC: I'd watch an AMC mini-series based on Sarah Palin reading a comic book. Why? Because I figure they could take something that is based on the borderline retarded... and still turn it into something that doesn't just appeal to the least common denominators among us.

My only real criticism so far is that the show has this tendency to use certain stereotypical Hollywood social formulas (revolving around racism and domestic violence) to extract emotions from viewers. That Pavlov's dog thing really annoys me. It's taking the easy way out. A minor criticism is the use and handling of firearms in the show. What (real) cop would have a a giant Colt Python as a primary sidearm?! And guys, NO cop would have a Glock without a round in the chamber... and it doesn't have a safety!!! I watched the actors hand go to the nonexistent safety during the roadblock scene, and then I heard the "click" of the safety being disengaged. I have several Glocks and I stared at all of them for several minutes (not really), and yet I never found a safety on any of them! Also, the casting of Jon Bernthal as a southern sheriff's deputy was a really bad decision. I always find it annoying when I can tell that someone is basically doing a stereotypical imitation of how they think a southerner sounds. It's not easy to pass off a nice Jewish boy from D.C., who attended Sidwell Friends School, as an "aw shucks!", good ol' boy... and this guy is NOT up to that task! Mick Jagger did a better southern accent in various Beggar's Banquet songs than this guy does.

But even with those relatively minor criticisms, I'm still going to give this show a chance and continue watching it. It's pretty good. It's not Breaking Bad or Rubicon, but it's pretty good, IMO.
    "Every generation's memory is exactly as long as its own experience." --John Kenneth Galbraith

Liked 6 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jag_Warrior
    We're up to Ep.4 now, with #5 coming on this Sunday. After watching Breaking Bad, Mad Men, Rubicon and the mini-series The Prisoner, I decided that I owed it to myself to watch anything on AMC. That network has the absolute best original dramas of any network I've ever seen. I liked Breaking Bad and Mad Men right off the bat (although Mad Men is slipping quite a bit, IMO). It took me awhile to warm up to Rubicon, but as it's moved through its paces and the stories and characters have developed, I now see it as fairly brilliant, as was The Prisoner.

I missed part of the first episode of The Walking Dead, but I've seen all the other episodes. I'm still warming up to it. I thought it might be kind of silly, but as with some other AMC dramas, it takes a genre that I'm not crazy about and weaves very good stories around it.

My personal rule with AMC: I'd watch an AMC mini-series based on Sarah Palin reading a comic book. Why? Because I figure they could take something that is based on the borderline retarded... and still turn it into something that doesn't just appeal to the least common denominators among us.

My only real criticism so far is that the show has this tendency to use certain stereotypical Hollywood social formulas (revolving around racism and domestic violence) to extract emotions from viewers. That Pavlov's dog thing really annoys me. It's taking the easy way out. A minor criticism is the use and handling of firearms in the show. What (real) cop would have a a giant Colt Python as a primary sidearm?! And guys, NO cop would have a Glock without a round in the chamber... and it doesn't have a safety!!! I watched the actors hand go to the nonexistent safety during the roadblock scene, and then I heard the "click" of the safety being disengaged. I have several Glocks and I stared at all of them for several minutes (not really), and yet I never found a safety on any of them! Also, the casting of Jon Bernthal as a southern sheriff's deputy was a really bad decision. I always find it annoying when I can tell that someone is basically doing a stereotypical imitation of how they think a southerner sounds. It's not easy to pass off a nice Jewish boy from D.C., who attended Sidwell Friends School, as an "aw shucks!", good ol' boy... and this guy is NOT up to that task! Mick Jagger did a better southern accent in various Beggar's Banquet songs than this guy does.

But even with those relatively minor criticisms, I'm still going to give this show a chance and continue watching it. It's pretty good. It's not Breaking Bad or Rubicon, but it's pretty good, IMO.
    Love your post

Breaking Bad, eh? I have to check that one out.
    Another Flying Finn

Liked 311 Times in 207 Posts
    Have watched 4th Ep so far and look forward for Ep. 5
    When you're tired of rallying...you're tired of life