Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Liked 19 Times in 15 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Eki
    You've got it all wrong, Roamy. It's not that modern countries need refugees, it's that refugees need safe countries. It was only about 70 years when Finland sent 80,000 children to Sweden, Denmark and Norway, so that they'd be safe from the Soviet bombs.
    did they stay there or return when it was safe??? In most if not all cases refugees should now be assisted in their home countries. - The world is too populated now
    Obama to Biden - "Let the Welfare checks rain upon the Earth - I am going to a barbecue"

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Roamy
    did they stay there or return when it was safe??? In most if not all cases refugees should now be assisted in their home countries. - The world is too populated now
    About 20,000 stayed, the rest returned. Anyway, it's irrelevant, since Somalia is not safe yet.
    I could really use a fish right now

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by janvanvurpa
    Particularly odd misunderstanding when the complainer is from a country originally settled and filled with 10s of millions of people because it was a safe haven, essentially a whole country full of refugees and the likelihood is extremely high his own ancestors were despised refugees.

As usual, it's Ok for "us" to be or do something, its despicable if anybody else does the same.

Oi.
    Well, it doesn't surprise me, since the American way of thinking often seems to be on the lines of like "hospitals don't need patients who have no money or insurance".

Liked 387 Times in 327 Posts
    I'm astonished to see that in the western world they always say " F--- you ". If you ever have the bad luck to annoy a romanian guy you'll hear what a real colorful and meaningful swearing is.

These days I was watching some new romanian movies which have english subtitles and I was surprised to see that all our terrible swearings were translated by " F--- you".

BTW, how do you know he was somalian?

Liked 6 Times in 2 Posts
    We have refugees from other African countries too but Somalians have a different skin color and facial feature from for instance Congolose. You just know it. I know it because I have an 11 years of experience from my work with Somalians.
    Another Flying Finn

Liked 387 Times in 327 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by A.F.F.
    You just know it. I know it because I have an 11 years of experience from my work with Somalians.
    Ha! That explains the " friendship" thing.

He looked at you a few times, recognized you and just......

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Somalians do have a very distinctive shape and size to their heads. Sounds strange but its true
    Rule 1 of the forum, always accuse anyone who disagrees with you of bias.I would say that though.

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel
    Somalians do have a very distinctive shape and size to their heads. Sounds strange but its true
    It is....Somailians are very distinctive....
    "Water for my horses, beer for my men and mud for my turtle".

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark in Oshawa
    It is....Somailians are very distinctive....
    True:

http://www.pictures-of-cats.org/somali-cat.html