Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Admin
    Liked 125 Times in 92 Posts
    Friday 29th April, put it in your diaries!

Friday!.. Raises the prospect of a Bank Holiday?! Although it will only be 3 days after Easter Monday!

Might be a result for me, as I was planning to take that week of work anyway, so get that day for free?
    Please 'like' our facebook page http://www.facebook.com/motorsportforums

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    I'm going to take my bank holiday Monday and wedding bank holiday and turn it into a full weeks holiday too. As Easter is is late next year I've head from a few teacher friends that the kids go back to school on the Tuesday after Easter bank holiday. Sounds like a good week to have off as hopefully if I do go anywhere I wont have to pay inflated school holiday prices.

I knew I would be more interested in this wedding if we got a free bank holiday out of it.
    My phone has an alarm clock! Ner Ner! :p

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GridGirl
    I knew I would be more interested in this wedding if we got a free bank holiday out of it.
    Our esteemed and wonderful Prime Minister* has said he's in favour of a bank holiday but it's a decision for the royal family.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-11789840

*If you click the link be aware that the first frame is a picture of his fat shiny gurning punchable-until-I-breathe-my-last-breath face.
    Useful F1 Twitter thingy: http://goo.gl/6PO1u

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Ah yes...the patriotism of our UK posters!!

I wish the heir well, because by the time his Dad is done being king, The Commonwealth will likely be Republics. I like Madge, but man, Charles just doesn't have any credability. The unique thing about QE2 is she has a class, a demeanour and politeness that is unique to royalty. Her idiot son? He may fake it, but he doesn't have it. Wills seems to be a good man, but I really think his dad will so sully the monarachy it may not be relevent by the time Wills is able to assume the throne. That is assuming the UK hasn't tossed them!

Enjoy the Royal wedding...it may be the last one of consequence....
    "Water for my horses, beer for my men and mud for my turtle".

Liked 82 Times in 63 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark in Oshawa
    ... but I really think his dad will so sully the monarachy it may not be relevent by the time Wills is able to assume the throne. ....
    I get the feeling Chuck really doesn't want the throne and will abdicate to Will.
    What do the Brits think?

Mark, I agree with you about Liz.
    “If everything's under control, you're going too slow.” Mario Andretti

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave B
    Our esteemed and wonderful Prime Minister* has said he's in favour of a bank holiday but it's a decision for the royal family.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-11789840

*If you click the link be aware that the first frame is a picture of his fat shiny gurning punchable-until-I-breathe-my-last-breath face.
    The link I read at lunch time said that the cabinet had agreed the public holiday this morning
    My phone has an alarm clock! Ner Ner! :p

Liked 578 Times in 210 Posts
    Looking good for a holiday then......... as I work* for an English company I don't mind if Scotland doesn't get it. Just need to hope the rally will be the previous weekend and it'll be a nice trip
    If the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off!

Liked 23 Times in 16 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark
    Friday 29th April, put it in your diaries!

Friday!.. Raises the prospect of a Bank Holiday?! Although it will only be 3 days after Easter Monday!

Might be a result for me, as I was planning to take that week of work anyway, so get that day for free?
    People did say Cameron would take Britain back to the three-day week. Didn't think he'd give in that easily
    https://wordpress.com/stats/insights/stugrovesf1.wordpress.com