Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I very much doubt that the Lib Dems will be very popular in the next general election. Since joining up with the Tory's, they become as bad as the other two main political partys.

At the next General election, I will be voting for UKIP.
    Whats a uni?

Liked 77 Times in 62 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by IronRooster92
    I very much doubt that the Lib Dems will be very popular in the next general election. Since joining up with the Tory's, they become as bad as the other two main political partys.

Given the fact that a number of UKIP candidates and MEPs have, at various times, received various criminal convictions (including while in office), the notion that this party of xenophobic loonies is in any sense superior to any other is far-fetched.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BDunnell
    Given the fact that a number of UKIP candidates and MEPs have, at various times, received various criminal convictions (including while in office), the notion that this party of xenophobic loonies is in any sense superior to any other is far-fetched.
    Well I prefer their polices to other partys, and they are nothing like those thug partys, the BNP and the National Front...
    Whats a uni?

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Well I prefer their polices to other partys, and they are nothing like those thug partys, the BNP and the National Front...
    I don't really agree with many of UKIP's policies, BUT at least they speak their mind and aren't afraid of offending others

BNP and NF are c u next tuesdays

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Oh yeah, if anyone thinks I'm racist because I like a party that wants to limit immigration, then I'm far from it. I just think the UK is getting too densley populated, and can't really cope as it is. Plus I'm not really a fan of some of the EU's policy's.
    Whats a uni?

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I was about to slag Dave B a little for typing "a sort of Trojan horse within the coalition", as in What the hell does that mean?, until I read the rest of the posts.

Not being afraid of offending others is not a strength in itself, Captain VXR, just probably evidence of a disregard for what people think, so you could expect the same hypocrisy from them if they ever got into power.

And what are these EU policies that you don't like IronRooster92? How about an example, in the interests of enlightened debate...

Liked 201 Times in 155 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark
    Are they going to be able to survive as a distinct political party?

or will those who voted LibDem this year decide just to vote Labour or Tory instead and cut out the middle man?

Have they consigned themselves to years in the wilderness and a long spell of 2 party politics in the UK?
    1. I think that they will survive as a distinct party as long as the Labour Party continues to shift to the right and the Tories remain on the right.

2. The Election in the UK returned a result which I think reflected the mood of the British people. They were disgusted and sick of the Labour Party but collectively didn't want to put the Tories in either. The LibDem vote wasn't a vote for positive policy but a rejection of the two majors.
    To put that in perspective, they actually lost 5 seats compared with the '05 election.

3. Very much so.
    One of the consequences of Duverger's law is that where you have a single-winner voting system (ie one person wins a given seat), then the system tends towards two parties in the long run.
    Even if there was an alternative vote as per the Australian equivalent of the House of Commons, it still applies.
    The Old Republic was a stupidly run organisation which deserved to be taken over. All Hail Palpatine!

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonic
    Well as someone who voted LD I'm not overjoyed at the compromises they are making; compromises I doubt they would have needed to make if the huge amount of tactical voting hadn't occurred. They may have won 100+ seats and be a in a Far better position to dictate terms. As it is I guess they will suffer in the wilderness for a few years - any accomplishments in their term will be accredited to the Tories, and any failures to them - it's loose/loose.
    In a word they are crappy politicians. Most politicians are crap anyway, so don't worry the next ones won't be much better either.
    Michael Schumacher The Best Ever F1 Driver
    Everything I post is my own opinion and I\'ll always try to back it up! :)
    They need us: http://www.ursusarctos.ro

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fandango
    And what are these EU policies that you don't like IronRooster92? How about an example, in the interests of enlightened debate...
    I am curious too!
    Michael Schumacher The Best Ever F1 Driver
    Everything I post is my own opinion and I\'ll always try to back it up! :)
    They need us: http://www.ursusarctos.ro

Liked 66 Times in 54 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave B

I briefly held out the hope that Vince Cable would be the voice of sanity, a sort of Trojan horse within the coalition, but he now appears as hypocritical as the rest of them.
    Lets not forget that Vince recently stood in the way of Rupert Murdoch taking over a huge share of the UK news media. I doubt the Tories would have stopped him.

Nigel Farage is one of the worst and deluded politicians I have ever heard speak.
    Tazio 14/3/2015: I'll give every member on this forum 1,000.00 USD if McLaren fails to podium this season!