Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Suzuki

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Post Suzuki

in all general with suzuki so far for 2011:

- one bike in Motogp next season with Alvaro Bautista

- one works bike in SBK with Michel Fabrizio

- no works support with BSB with Crescent next season

is it financial? poor results? Suzuki Team Principal Paul Denning said last week they need 3 or 4 bikes out rather than 1. any opinions
    GP2 Pickems Champion 2006, MotoGP Pickems Champion 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Suzuki could have won WSBK & BSB in 2010 and surely could have been a force in 2011.

It makes more sense to me that they withdraw from MotoGP and focus on the performance of the GSXR in Superbike.

With regards to BSB have Suzuki confirmed support for Relentless?

It has to be money related!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I'm finding it hard to figure Suzuki out. Their slogan for the GSX-R's is "Own the racetrack" but you'll hardly be able to find one there. One bike in MotoGP and WSB and none in WSS is hard to comprehend. Whilst I get that their MotoGP project is throwing good money after bad, they were close to a WSB title. Surely some of the money saved from the MotoGP cutback could have gone to a tilt at claiming the WSB title they were so close to? It could have been a real shot in the arm for a brand that I consider to be in a bit of a stale period at the moment. Hopefully someone high up in the comapany with some clout can override the beancounters and we'll see more Zooks back on race grids around the globe.

note: I'm pretty sure Relentless are confirmed as the offical BSB team for 3 years. Also, Suzuki Australia and America have had and continue to run very professional and successful teams in their respective championships. It shows the commitment is there for the product at the national level, just not perhaps at international level. Which is a shame.
    Get off my lawn

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Forgot to mention, goodbye to Stuart Shenton who has been squeezed out of the Suzuki MotoGP team after 19 years service due to their downsizing. He has been the chief engineer there for riders such as Kevin Schwantz, Sete Gibernau, Loris Capirossi and John Hopkins.
    Get off my lawn

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    GP2 Pickems Champion 2006, MotoGP Pickems Champion 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012

Liked 106 Times in 60 Posts
    Sad times for Suzuki and Moto Gp.

I really cant believe how Suzuki can be struggling for money as their bikes are so popular and highly regarded! Isnt the saying youve got to speculate to accumulate? If they had spent a bit more money they would most likely have been celebrating a WSB and BSB and wouldnt be looking so stupid near the back of the Moto Gp grid with the privateers!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Suzuki is best company ..............I have suzuki 2010 model in my home . Its driving is best .

Suzuki is the best in very models like a cars, bikes.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Hi,
    yeah i also listened about suzuki. Now doubt a well known company with its superbikes and well reputation is struggling for money. How is it possible?

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Who knows what goes on behind the scenes? Suzuki could very well have made some bad investments in non-motorcycle businesses and been burned, we'll never know.

They took a big hit when they recalled 2005-06 GSX-Rs because their frames were failing - they replaced all the frames but the damage in the market still lingers. They are not seen as innovators like the other three Japanese factories, and BMW and Aprilia have slapped the GSX-R with their recent models.

I just hope Bautista and Fabrizio - both riders who I like - can get some decent results, but both should be thinking about going elsewhere for 2012. Then again, Suzuki could turn around and build a CRT MotoGP bike that wipes the floor with the opposition?
    Phantom... Bike Who Parks

"It's a tour, not a race... but don't get in my way while I'm touring!"