Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
    Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

The general gaming thread

There have been a few gaming threads but these have dropped off the radar so I thought I'd start a new one off.

At the moment I'm mostly playing Left 4 Dead, Starcraft 2 and my old favourite, Day of Defeat: Source. All on PC. I bought myself an XBox 360 earlier this year to play Forza 3 on which I haven't looked at for a while tbh.

I've ordered a few games for preorder recently.

Goldeneye 007 Wii Collectors Edition (I love the original and had to have the updated gold controller!!!!!)
    Call of Duty Black Ops (PC) I've not played either of the modern warfare's but I thought I'd give it a go
    Need for Speed Hot Pursuit (PC) as I've always had a soft spot for the NFS games where you get to drive against the Police and I love it when you can actually be the police! Have just this minute ordered a 360 wireless adaptor for windows so I can use my 360 controller.

As you can see I've got a Wii, a 360 and a PC. I'll probably be replacing the PC next year with something with a Sandy Bridge processor, a lyndonville SSD, a crapload of DDR3 and perhaps a new graphics card

Come on geeks! Show yourselves and get this thread going

My steam ID is Sgtstupid http://steamcommunity.com/id/SgtStupid if anyone wants to add me
    Rule 1 of the forum, always accuse anyone who disagrees with you of bias.I would say that though.

Liked 16 Times in 16 Posts
    Who you calling a geek :
    "But it aint how hard you hit, it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward. How much you can take, and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done." Rocky.

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    I have a PC and PS2. I am not a big gamer, but from time to time I like to play fighting games like Tekken, Soul Calibur and Guilty Gear.
    Formula 1

Liked 50 Times in 32 Posts
    I bought the new Medal of Honor few weeks ago, disappointtingly short single player campaign. It did feel pretty good to move around and shoot, More Cod4 than farcry2.
    My interwebasto connection isn't up to the demands of multiplayer games, so it has to wait.
    C'est la vie ja taksi tuo.

Liked 16 Times in 16 Posts
    Got my PC, PS2, PS3 & Xbox 360.

Play mostly GT4, FF and Killzone on my PS2 (70% of the time).
    "But it aint how hard you hit, it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward. How much you can take, and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done." Rocky.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    only have a PC and is currently playing Just Cause 2 and MS Flight Simulator X.

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    I've been playing F1 2010 and Dragon Age: Origins on my PS3 a lot lately, the best console F1 game since F197 and a very good RPG.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    PS2 and PS3, the latter of which I mainly use
    PS2 GTA San Andreas and GT4
    PS3 GTA IV, GTA EFLC, Race Driver Grid, GT5P and soon GT5

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    I do my gaming on the PS3, it's one of the old models that have backwards compatability and four USB slots (hooray for buying at JUST the right time!).

With backwards compatability, my PS2 went downstairs on the larger screen for casual gaming. Upstairs or down, PS2 games still played & considered classics included GT4 (of course), TimeSplitters, Need For Speed Underground 2, and FlatOut 2 (a game with amazingly decent physics on the cars).

Of course, primarily I play current gen, F1 2010 which I'm trying to decide if it's worth playing on any real difficulty or just backing off the settings and have fun with it. GRID is tons'o'fun and I still play that. Getting a lil bored with GT5 Prologue but of course still play because it's the best sim yet. Interest is fading in Modern Warfare 2 but still play in bursts. The real addiction lately is ModNation Racers -- good lighthearted kart racer but the cutomization and the track editor is redicously addicting!
    Formula Platypus 2012

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Last time I played a video game it was when I got bored on a plane from middle east, other than that I really can't remember what I played last time.
    I hope, in vain, that I will manage to find some time to try Starcraft 2.
    Michael Schumacher The Best Ever F1 Driver
    Everything I post is my own opinion and I\'ll always try to back it up! :)
    They need us: http://www.ursusarctos.ro