Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: Travis Pastrana

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by L5->R5/CR
    I hope you didn't take my response to mean that.
    it's cool, no worries. i just didnt want you to think that i was not a reader of the other "usual suspects" of forums and websites in the N.A..... i just don't post on that "other" forum cause, well, there are, well, you know, some people......

i think you and i have some sort of similar ideas on how the sport is and should be here. while i believe a true core real fanbase with a good strong governing body will help do the trick, you worry that it will not take off unless they can have some financial security for running an event (i do think that 50mil might be pushing the price of a national event, but if there is ever something that could be international a la WRC/3days style, it would definitely be somewhere around that range) then it would be the only way to get a good public display of rallying. am i correct?
    I am Yahya the Infinite. <-search it

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ProRally
    And could take a while... but ok a WRC in Colorado around Denver sounds ok to me.... I think Bjorn240 will also chip in something...

If you're ever going to be in the Denver area let me know. And it only takes one trip to the service park to see what kind of professionalism the SYMS team is bringing to the championship.

I'll put you on Rampart Range Road and CO67. Many a CO rally fan has damaged or rolled their car playing on those roads...

I'm just picked Denver, because, well, I know the area and what it has to offer. We do have the world class accomodations, destination potential, infrastructure and the potential for financial backing.

Quote Originally Posted by FrankenSchwinn
    it's cool, no worries. i just didnt want you to think that i was not a reader of the other "usual suspects" of forums and websites in the N.A..... i just don't post on that "other" forum cause, well, there are, well, you know, some people......

i think you and i have some sort of similar ideas on how the sport is and should be here. while i believe a true core real fanbase with a good strong governing body will help do the trick, you worry that it will not take off unless they can have some financial security for running an event (i do think that 50mil might be pushing the price of a national event, but if there is ever something that could be international a la WRC/3days style, it would definitely be somewhere around that range) then it would be the only way to get a good public display of rallying. am i correct?

50 mill is for the 3 years and all the infrastructure that would be needed.

As for a national championship event, well, there are a lot of events loosing money if they need more than $60,000.00.

I say for rallying to be a larger sport than it is it has to have a financial potential it is lacking right now because, well, rallying has been around for almost 40 years. Rallying won't go anywhere if it never gets that element, but it also won't go any further with out it.
    US Hillclimb and Rally Photos
    KevinHahnPhotography.com

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by L5->R5/CR
    If you're ever going to be in the Denver area let me know. And it only takes one trip to the service park to see what kind of professionalism the SYMS team is bringing to the championship.
    Yes ProRally, you better go and take a close look, how a professional team works.
    Aja kovaa Pena.

Liked 40 Times in 18 Posts
    I bet ProRally will take a look :-)

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by bowler
    I bet ProRally will take a look :-)
    Hi Bowler,
    Any chance seeing you anywhere outside KiwiLand... ?
    Give my regards to all the team down there.
    Passion will make you crazy, but is there a other way to live ? :burnout:

Liked 382 Times in 178 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomi
    Yes ProRally, you better go and take a close look, how a professional team works.
    Yes, might be areal eye-opener
    "Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting." Steve McQueen

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomi

blah blah blah, I knew what I was saying and to whom...

At the last national championship round we were debating who had the more professional crew, SRT-USA (Vermont Sports Car) or Rockstar (SYMS).

Offer to take you (ProRally) to Rampart still stands, hopefully I'll be able to find a decent enough car to make it interesting...
    US Hillclimb and Rally Photos
    KevinHahnPhotography.com

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I'm a fan of Travis, but more for his motocross and less for his skills as a rally driver. My belief is that there are millions of fans here in America willing to shell out big sums of cash to see something more exciting and refreshing than NASCAR. I went through a natural progression of motor sports until I found the WRC, but this only happened because I accidentally came onto a Special Stage on the Speed Channel (back when they were broadcasting the WRC).

Earlier this month I went to Rally Mexico (my first rally) and met about 10 Americans willing to travel and deal with hardships just to see a few cars. I think this mindset is manifested in millions of others here in The States and in time rally will become a widely accepted motor sport. Exposure is the key to America's heart in order for rally to be welcomed.
    Marco Simoncelli 1987-2011

Liked 5 Times in 3 Posts
    It would not suprise me if Redbull would put up the money to throw Pastrana into a WRC machine. They spend a lot of cash worldwide on their marketing...
    "It's the most fun you can have with your pants on" - Possum Bourne