Page 882 of 900 FirstFirst ... 382782832872880881882883884892 ... LastLast
Results 8,811 to 8,820 of 9000
    Liked 3,788 Times in 1,683 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ucci View Post
    Thanx for explanation. So, totally fresh in R5. Well, we had same situation this year in Slovenia, a driver for the first time in R5 and rally event at all....and won the event !! So never understimate....
    If you are talking about Boštjan Avbelj, he had lot of experience from circuits, so he can drive the car. On the other hand I have heard that he is not true rally driver, he is learning all stages few weeks before race and has them mainly in his memory.

2. Likes: NoFear85 (2nd January 2020),WRC1 (1st January 2020)
    Liked 629 Times in 347 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PLuto View Post
    If you are talking about Boštjan Avbelj, he had lot of experience from circuits, so he can drive the car. On the other hand I have heard that he is not true rally driver, he is learning all stages few weeks before race and has them mainly in his memory.
    Well Pluto, this is what I really do not like (and I surley didn't expect you to do such things..). Namely spreading rumors and accusations after the races...if anyone has anything against other competitor, than a protest is a way to do it. Crying and searching for excuses after the event is totally dumb....
    Boštjan did a illegal recce, so do others (this is a ''nationa sport'' in Slovenia)....the one thing is, that other drivers also know those stages from previous years (on general stages in Slovenia are at least 2/3 same almost for decades) and Boštjan had no previous knowledge whatsoever. It is not Ok, but I repeat-many of other drivers are doing same. Maybe not so intense...and at the end, he was driving R5 car....the car does not ride by itself. Somebody has to steer it. Or am I wrong?
    I hope that this illegal recce will be finished once for all.....put the local police on the stages or somebody from organizational team and give a strong fine to the first driver caught. This would be a lesson for all others.

Liked 131 Times in 60 Posts
    Fine is not the solution...

Liked 11,149 Times in 4,425 Posts
    Yes, the only correct thing to do against the illegal recce is exclusion from the event. That is however also the issue. Very few organizers are so bold to actually do that especially if they can loose some top crews.

In the end it's a viscious circle. As long as the organizers close their eyes the illegal recce will continue.
    Stupid is as stupid does. Forrest Gump

6. Likes: pantealex (2nd January 2020),WRC1 (2nd January 2020)
    Liked 1,474 Times in 573 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirek View Post
    Yes, the only correct thing to do against the illegal recce is exclusion from the event. That is however also the issue. Very few organizers are so bold to actually do that especially if they can loose some top crews.

In the end it's a viscious circle. As long as the organizers close their eyes the illegal recce will continue.
    Same issue in Belgium and lot of other countries I think.

Only in France they seem to be quite strict. They banned multiple French champion Cuoq for 2 year, about 10 years ago.
    I also remember an incident with Stéphane Consani, who was an FFSA driver or something at that time. But he had an accident during an illegal recce and drove away.

Liked 31 Times in 24 Posts
    Ucci don’t write bull...t, Avbelj did Rally Zeelzniki few times before his really first attempt there in R5. Correct me if I’m wrong, he did course car with Evo 9 so, this year it was his first rally season with R5 car, but not first time in a rally car.

https://www.ewrc-results.com/profile...ostjan-avbelj/

Liked 3,788 Times in 1,683 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dupanton View Post
    Same issue in Belgium and lot of other countries I think.

Only in France they seem to be quite strict. They banned multiple French champion Cuoq for 2 year, about 10 years ago.
    I also remember an incident with Stéphane Consani, who was an FFSA driver or something at that time. But he had an accident during an illegal recce and drove away.
    In Belgium is one of the worst situations with illegal recce I have seen during last years. I was surprised that some drivers were doing illegal recce two days before rally, when marshalls were preparing the stages. During that time they were going few times during that stage and with completely same car, which they use for normal recce, so it was very easy to see who it is...

Liked 629 Times in 347 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NoFear85 View Post
    Ucci don’t write bull...t, Avbelj did Rally Zeelzniki few times before his really first attempt there in R5. Correct me if I’m wrong, he did course car with Evo 9 so, this year it was his first rally season with R5 car, but not first time in a rally car.

https://www.ewrc-results.com/profile...ostjan-avbelj/
    Next time check things before you write something, because you stated a bulls#***!! Avbelj drove a ''0'' car in Železniki, but it was 5 years ago (you must be a genius if you remember stages from five years ago....) and he did it with his private, street legal evoIX....which has nothing to do with real rally car, let alone with Fabia R5. So AGAIN: Fabia R5 was his first step into rally. He has made a short test two days before his first event, where he already won.
    And thanks other forum members for the explanation over recce situation in their countries....I was surprised....so, we can continue with this praxis in Slovenia....we are not worst....

Liked 11,149 Times in 4,425 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ucci View Post
    And thanks other forum members for the explanation over recce situation in their countries....I was surprised....so, we can continue with this praxis in Slovenia....we are not worst....
    The main problem with that is that while you can be king at home doing plenty of illegal recce in the same time it makes you laughably slow abroad when you drive new stages. This is IMHO the primary reason why very few drivers are able to drive well abroad.
    Stupid is as stupid does. Forrest Gump

12. Likes: br21 (3rd January 2020),dimviii (2nd January 2020),pantealex (3rd January 2020),Rally Power (2nd January 2020)
    Liked 131 Times in 60 Posts
    In Greece where we have free recce, as many passes you want, recce is more expensive than the rally for a lot of crews...
    And because no club will check the speed limits, rallies, for the reasons mentioned above, start to become unwanted to some areas.