Page 872 of 900 FirstFirst ... 372772822862870871872873874882 ... LastLast
Results 8,711 to 8,720 of 8999
    Liked 2,264 Times in 944 Posts
    What do you think about a mixed event where all the national champions will challenge each other at the end of all european national championships?

I know it's a bit weird but has it been never proposed or existed something like that? Do you think there would be too many issue on organizing it?
    I think that being a single event it could be financed by FIA or some other organization so that private winners or even manufacturers should not spend more money the the ones invested for the national championship.

Maybe this is a kind of stupid proposal for some kind of reasons I don't consider since I'm not informed on the organizational side of things, but it would be very nice to have it imho.

Liked 3,290 Times in 1,732 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AL14 View Post
    What do you think about a mixed event where all the national champions will challenge each other at the end of all european national championships?
    Yeah, why not, a real Race of Champions!
    http://www.rallymadness.prv.pl - rally photos and movies!

Liked 11,137 Times in 4,419 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AL14 View Post

I know it's a bit weird but has it been never proposed or existed something like that? Do you think there would be too many issue on organizing it?
    I think that being a single event it could be financed by FIA or some other organization so that private winners or even manufacturers should not spend more money the the ones invested for the national championship.

Maybe this is a kind of stupid proposal for some kind of reasons I don't consider since I'm not informed on the organizational side of things, but it would be very nice to have it imho.
    Isn't that called a European Championship?
    Stupid is as stupid does. Forrest Gump

Liked 2,264 Times in 944 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirek View Post
    Isn't that called a European Championship?
    I mean a one-event with mixed surface (maybe) only for national championship winners.

Liked 3,776 Times in 1,679 Posts
    Lot of national champions doesnt want to go abroad. They are kings at home and any start abroad (especially on stages which they dont know) is a big risk for them...

6. Likes: juhoman (14th November 2018),m-ast (12th November 2018),pantealex (6th November 2018),TWRC (7th November 2018),WRC1 (5th November 2018)
    Liked 559 Times in 242 Posts
    The final round of the Hungarian Championship, the 1st Nyíregyháza Rally was this weekend. It was a candidate event for ERC (and got it I think even before it really started). It was a 4-way battle for the title, but only Hadik and Turán had a real fight at the front, the other two contenders (Vincze and Kazár) had no chance. It went down to the wire, as the power stage results decided the champion. In the end, Hadik won both the event and the power stage, and became the champion by only 1 point! Also, it was good to see two big names, Tóth and Bútor in the 208 cup. Unfortunately, Tóth crashed on the 1st day and then had to retire after 1SS on the second, but Bútor was really good and fast, and was a good benchmark for the young drivers; he ended up 2nd after some issues on the first day.

Results:
    1. Hadik-Deák, Ford Fiesta R5 1:48:38.4
    2. Turán-Bagaméri, Ford Fiesta R5 +29.3
    3. Vincze-Bacigál, Skoda Fabia R5 +3:33.3
    4. Kazár-Tóth, Skoda Fabia R5 +3:46.7
    5. ifj.Érdi-Kovács, Skoda Fabia R5 +5:36.8
    6. Trencsényi-Verba, Skoda Fabia R5 +6:18.4
    7. Német-Szegő, Skoda Fabia R5 +7:32.8
    8. Lovász-Kürti, Hyundai i20 R5 +8:10.1
    9. Fogasy-Berendi, Skoda Fabia R5 +9:22.7
    10. Gyarmati-Kocsis, Mitsubishi Lancer Evo IX +9:38.4

8. Likes: dimviii (12th November 2018),Mirek (12th November 2018),Rally Power (12th November 2018),tommeke_B (12th November 2018),WRC1 (12th November 2018)
    Can You shortly describe the event regarding character of stages compared to other Hungarian or regional events so that we have an idea what to expect next year?

Liked 559 Times in 242 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirek View Post
    Can You shortly describe the event regarding character of stages compared to other Hungarian or regional events so that we have an idea what to expect next year?
    Sure! As far as I know, the stages were pretty good, with some unusual characteristics (ie. it is very uncommon to have a stage with a gravel middle part on a tarmac rally here, and also there was a long 25 km stage that was never run before I think). The stages situated closer to Nyíregyháza were faster with less turns and a bit wider roads, some that were up in the hills were quite narrow and techniqal. I wasn't there, but from the maps and videos I think the technical ones are more like what Miskolc Rally has, the others are different, there was a stage that resembled the Deutschland Rally with vineyards! This year they also struggled with a lot of fog, and some stages held after sunset had to be cancelled as they were deemed too dangerous. All in all, a lot fo people have criticized the choice to go with this avent instead of the Mecsek, but I think they made a pretty good rally out of it!

A couple of videos which show the very different characteristics of the stages:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MxKynmYhrfM
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LQUVah6wiDo
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HCaGJniF8QM

11. Likes: Mirek (12th November 2018),Rally Power (13th November 2018),tommeke_B (12th November 2018)
    Liked 3,476 Times in 1,016 Posts
    Nice stages by the looks of it. Last weekend I also had a look at the maps and watched them on Google Earth/Streetview. Looks like there's a good variety between faster/slower sections, between forests and some fields, vineyards... The only thing I don't like to see is huge tree stumps as anti-cutting material, makes it quite dangerous IMO... If it doesn't collide with Condroz next year, I'd like to visit this event.

13. Likes: TWRC (12th November 2018)
    It looks spectacular and worth visiting indeed