Liked 1,368 Times in 711 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirek
    Is Yaris R1 already homologated?
    Seems it was homologated 1st jan 13.
    Toyota ​A 5745​ - YARIS (NSP130) – 1'333cc​
    Début d'Homol. 01.01.2013​Fin : 2020

Have they sold any yet?

Liked 301 Times in 212 Posts
    Next week is te second round of Citroën and Renault R1 trophies in Germany(Wikinger Rallye)

Liked 10 Times in 6 Posts

Liked 97 Times in 46 Posts
    This thread has been quiet for a long time. Any news from R1 class / cars / championships?

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Cool Ford Fiesta R1

I have been running 2 Fiesta R1s for the better part of a year now, and the car is great. No issues beside occationally changing wheel bearings, the biggest problem beeing drivers that cant really drive.... Cheap cars to fix also...

The cars performs perfectly and has scored top 20 finishes in a +100 car field. Everyone says they feel like the cars handles on rails, the limit beeing themselves. We have had everyone from complete rookies to seasoned drivers competing in winter, gravel and tarmac events, and everyone cant stop telling us how great the car is.

Unfortunately finding sponsorship to host a cup with these R1 cars has not been successful, so for now we continue showing anyone interested how easy it can be to go rallying...

Liked 69 Times in 48 Posts
    Thank you Jr for very good update. I can confirm those comments also because I´ve had a ride with R1 here in Finland. It sure is ´easy´ to handle and cheap to maintain..

It looks like there is similar difficulties to find budgets all over the Nordic (at least). It´s a pity that people don´t believe those cars because they really could be a future for rallying in amateur level..

ps. I don´t see rails anywhere in the 3rd photo
    Once it pop´s, you can´t stop...

Liked 3,476 Times in 1,016 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeppe
    Thank you Jr for very good update. I can confirm those comments also because I´ve had a ride with R1 here in Finland. It sure is ´easy´ to handle and cheap to maintain..

It looks like there is similar difficulties to find budgets all over the Nordic (at least).
    It´s a pity that people don´t believe those cars because they really could be a future for rallying in amateur level..

ps. I don´t see rails anywhere in the 3rd photo
    Let's say all over the world... It has always been difficult, but it's getting worse, companies are considering much more about what expenses they will do and what not. Still some people have it much easier to find budget, than others, not always directly related to talent (more about setting up a project and sell it, about business connections etc). In Belgium there are not many drivers interested in R1-cars. They prefer some older Saxo or Clio or something similar. The price to buy some R1 car is still high... Also with typical Belgian roads (with numerous junctions and long straights) the engine seems to be too weak to make it a competitive car. R2 on the other hand is running very well, also thanks to the junior championship and the support of local importers (Fiesta Trophy, 208 cup, support from Skoda and Renault).

Liked 1,368 Times in 711 Posts
    Jr Schanche is doing a tremendous job in getting new people in to try out the sport with the R1s in Norway !!
    He is running a neat operation with 2x Fiesta R1 and 2x Fiesta R2 + some other cars. JrSolutions is quicly becoming the largest team in Norway. He has also done splendid work to get people into the national classes.

Sad thing if no firm see the benefit of sponsoring a R1 cup, because that has potential as more or less an "arrive and drive" option for people that cannot spend hours in a workshop fixing their own car.

Looking at their facbookpage ( https://www.facebook.com/JRSOL )their are expanding their workshop, and posting a lot of R5 pictures these days, so maybe we will see them running R5s in 2014. mokin: