Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Liked 9 Times in 9 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain VXR
    On the subject of annoying locals, Castle Combe has to use a very low noise limit - not even the BTCC can hold events there - due to FOUR locals complaining after moving next door to it and at many trackdays and events with track time, cars that have driven past the houses of the complainers are not allowed on track

IMO if the shortening was caused by complaints, the Aussie government should explain that the track is beneficial to the local economy and if they don't like it, they can f*** off
    Completely agree.

People who live in the near vicinity of motor racing venues should have a keen interest in motor racing, or at least tolerate it. I wish I could meet one of the morons who move next to a venue and then complain about it, I'd love to tell them my feelings.
    Congratulations Sebastian Vettel. Champion of the season of seasons.

Liked 22 Times in 17 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Allyc85
    Why was it shortened this year? Locals complaining?
    No complaints, that was just the idea of Tony Cochrane.

At first I was very skeptical but the short version was alright.

The event was an incredible success.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    This was the first V8 Supercar race I've sat down an watched (albeit on YouTube a few days later) but I'm definitely going to follow the series from now on.

Very impressed with Shane van Gisbergen, to think he's only a year older than me! But the closing laps of race two were some of the most exciting I've seen in a long time.
    http://hittingtheapex.wordpress.com
    My blog for anyone who's interested in my motorsport opinions

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Malllen
    No complaints, that was just the idea of Tony Cochrane.

At first I was very skeptical but the short version was alright.

The event was an incredible success.
    The shortening of the track had more to do with an impending railway running through where the track went down at that end of the circuit.

What are you basing the 'incredible success' of the event on, VESA figures themselves (which are proven to be incorrect for many past events)?? The stands looked sparse, and any crowd includes the people who attended the saturday night Beach Boys concert.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by racer69
    The shortening of the track had more to do with an impending railway running through where the track went down at that end of the circuit.

What are you basing the 'incredible success' of the event on, VESA figures themselves (which are proven to be incorrect for many past events)?? The stands looked sparse, and any crowd includes the people who attended the saturday night Beach Boys concert.
    Crowds where up considerably on last year and the year before, and hardly 10,000 people went to the beach boys concert....

Liked 106 Times in 60 Posts
    Argh just gone to watch this and Motors TV once again messed up their timing and sky didnt record the last two laps of the second race! They are really getting as bad as Eurosport in doing things like this!

Liked 9 Times in 9 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Allyc85
    Argh just gone to watch this and Motors TV once again messed up their timing and sky didnt record the last two laps of the second race! They are really getting as bad as Eurosport in doing things like this!
    That makes two of us!

I did the exact same thing and went to watch it earlier in the week. In my case, I'd already seen the last couple of laps on you tube so it could be worse
    Congratulations Sebastian Vettel. Champion of the season of seasons.