Page 4 of 43 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PLuto
    If Greece will be on tarmac, I think there will be less competitors, thatn this or last year on gravel...
    It'll loose the ones who want to have more gravel experience, but will have more access to "Balkan tarmac market".

The balance is a questionmark.

Liked 3,297 Times in 1,736 Posts
    It is difficult to find events to delete from calendar, I am trying to find any "notice" how and why to do it. Madeira is the most expensive event in ERC for teams, Turkey is too far and for European team sometimes problems with transportation, Spain is nice events, but teams are not interested to be there, similar it is with Greece, but it is gravel event, which is one advantage above other events...
    It is not difficult to find events to get rid of. Examples? Turkey - nobody wants to compete there, no spectators, no Turkish crews interested in ERC. Spain - they were out of ERC for years and nobody cried. No Spanish crews interested in ERC. Easy? Easy!
    http://www.rallymadness.prv.pl - rally photos and movies!

Liked 3,794 Times in 1,687 Posts
    I am in contact with ERC drivers last three years. I know lot of about their opinions, I know the costs for each event, I know about troubles with transporting to events... Especially when Elpa is one of the last events, when budgets of teams arent big...

Quote Originally Posted by Jarek Z
    It is not difficult to find events to get rid of. Examples? Turkey - nobody wants to compete there, no spectators, no Turkish crews interested in ERC. Spain - they were out of ERC for years and nobody cried. No Spanish crews interested in ERC. Easy? Easy!
    Yes, Turkey has two biggest problems - transport there is expensive (and costs also lot of time) and they are out of EU, which means problems with transproting the cars.

With Spain I completely agree. It is really nice event, I was going through all stages of Asturias last year and I love them very much, better than stages near Salou during WRC. But ERC drivers arent interested in this event. I dont know why, maybe two reasons - too far for "central european teams" (from Czech it is 2500 kms) and maybe too many events in September in all national and international championships. But absolutely no interest from Spanish crews is truth...

And for your info - I have made also something like private questionnaire with ERC drivers about future of this championship, what they want and doesnt want. All organisers of ERC events have results of this "research"...

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    And for your info - I have made also something like private questionnaire with ERC drivers about future of this championship, what they want and doesnt want. All organisers of ERC events have results of this "research"...
    It will be useful to have a summary of the opinions.

All organisers and FIA received this questionnaires with brief summary, dont be afraid.

Liked 131 Times in 60 Posts
    Elpa Rally which as mentioned before is going all tarmac seems to be moving too in April!!!!

Liked 3,297 Times in 1,736 Posts
    Just another bad decision. Those gravel stages was what made this rally unique!
    http://www.rallymadness.prv.pl - rally photos and movies!

Liked 38 Times in 15 Posts
    2011 calendar

01.03/04 GRC 35º ELPA RALLY
    14.16/04 ITA 35º RALLYE MILE MIGLIA
    27.29/05 HRV 38º CROATIA RALLY
    10.12/06 TUR BOSPHORUS RALLY
    23.25/06 BRL GEKO YPRES RALLY
    08.10/07 BGR RALLY BULGARIA
    04.06/08 PRT 52º RALLYE VINHO DA MADEIRA
    26.28/08 CZE BARUM CZECH RALLY ZIN
    08.10/09 ESP 48º RALLY PRINCIPE DE ASTURIAS
    23.25/09 POL 68º RALLY POLAND