Page 19 of 31 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Thats what i'm thinking to most of these drivers names!!! Although wasn't Hazell in Porsches??? No??

Liked 106 Times in 60 Posts
    Ah yea, now I know the name! bit of info..

DOB 11/10/1959
    Nationality - British
    Lives – Llanhennock, Monmouthshire
    Occupation – Managing director
    2008 - ELF Renault Clio Cup, with a best finish of 17th at Donington Park
    2007 - No racing
    2006 - Part-season in Porsche Carrera Cup finishing 18th overall and 9th in pro-am category, with a best result of 8th at Thruxton with three other top-10 finishes
    1999 - MGF Cup finishing 6th overall
    1997 - Vectra Sri V6 Challenge in support of BTCC
    1993 - Formula Ford Championship, finishing 6th overall

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Allyc85
    Occupation – Managing director
    Seems to be a fairly important requirement for a lot of people entering the BTCC these days it seems!

Liked 10 Times in 7 Posts
    Certainly helps. Motorsport has always been a rich man sport. At every level. I know you complain about pay drivers, but show me a driver on the grid in any series, anywhere in the world, who hasn't been a pay driver at some point in their career?
    2nd place in the big quizz challenge!

Liked 77 Times in 62 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Alfa Fan
    Certainly helps. Motorsport has always been a rich man sport. At every level. I know you complain about pay drivers, but show me a driver on the grid in any series, anywhere in the world, who hasn't been a pay driver at some point in their career?
    Not least in the BTCC, going back a long way. I think we were rather spoiled in the 1990s, to be honest, with all those international superstars and ex-F1 drivers. What we're going to see in 2011 is far more what a British tin-top driver line-up was like years ago, with a good selection of top-class British drivers augmented by a clutch of 'gentleman racers', people moving up/over from other roofed formulae, and some younger hopefuls. In itself, there's nothing wrong with that.

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurotech
    I remember the Clio Cup was over subscribed a few years back and they had to 'qualify' for the event (ie the slowest cars from qualifying wouldn't be in race.) And those who didn't qualify would become reserve entries and would be allwed in if one of the other cars couldn't race for some reason...
    What they actually did was they split the entire field into 2 groups and made both groups take part in short qualifying sprint races (no points were awarded in these qualifying races), those 2 races decided the 32 car field for each main event

But im sure BTCC2 is correct, the Entry list will be capped at 32 because of certain tracks limitations, the likes of Croft, Brands Hatch and Knockhill can only take a maximum of 32 for each race because of a mixture of 2 reasons. Circuit length and Facilities. Unlike some tracks where they can take more cars, Silverstone for example is more than capable of catering for 40+ cars
    "Alboreto, into the pits, and im going to stop the startwatch" (Murray Walker, Monaco 1987)

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    If for example WSR and motorbase register 3 cars but only run 2, does this stop others entering? What Im trying to say, is the cap 32 entries or 32 cars?

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    They'll probably have to decide it on a 'race by race' basis, having a waiting list system like Le Mans so if someone drops out or doesn't run a car, their place will be given to someone else in the run up to the event....
    Please ignore ALL of the above....

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurotech
    They'll probably have to decide it on a 'race by race' basis, having a waiting list system like Le Mans so if someone drops out or doesn't run a car, their place will be given to someone else in the run up to the event....
    The easiest solution would be to re-introduce DNQ'ing, that way you could cater for more than 32 cars on a weekend but only allowing the fastest 32 to race.

But that I do not think is possible logistically
    "Alboreto, into the pits, and im going to stop the startwatch" (Murray Walker, Monaco 1987)

Liked 10 Times in 7 Posts
    There will be 32 entries max. IF and it's a big IF and not going to happen this season, more than 32 cars are registered then from 33 onwards they form a reserve list who will be able to participate on a round-by-round basis if some of the 32 drop out. But basically if someone doesn't get one of the 32 entries they'll go off and do something else. We won't need to worry about it this year though, there's not quite going to be a full grid.
    2nd place in the big quizz challenge!