Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Wink Motogp tech Question

Now i had some questions circling around in my head for some days.

First off, can motogp teams change their aerodynamics within the season or are they stuck with the same package they started with? For example the Ducati aerodynamic package seems a little 'Bulkier' compared to the Yamaha or the Honda. While it may have the same length for the wheelbase, it still looks a little bigger. But as of now it seems it suits the ducati just fine, and boy does it go like a bazooka! But still, are they allowed to shed some fat as the season progresses?

Secondly, that monsterous Desmodronic engine in the Ducati. I feel Ducati might have to cut some major revs for slower circuits as they might not be able to carry more corner speed, so in theory it might get difficult for them to manouevre that bike very well in the corners. One of the major reasons why Rossi's yamaha is so nimble and agile in corners is firstly because of the way the bike is setup and secondly, maybe even because of the lower revving engine which allows rossi to carry more corner speed and avoid sliding.

Also, the Desmodronic system/technology Ducati use for their engines has been known to be a "little" inferior to the Pneumatic system used by other teams. However both of them have their own advantages and disadvantages. Ducati worked and tested on their engine like maniacs and have managed something really special, no doubt. But can that monsterous, but also a bit fragile engine be consistent and deliver them a championship?

Your thoughts?

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Firstly, the Ducati probably has the most efficient aero package out there. That is part of the reason it is so quick down the straight. As for the Desmo valve action being inferior, I don't think so, just look at the WSBK victories that Ducati has won. I wouldn't say it is a better system than the more conventional valve systems, but Ducati makes it work rather nicely thank you
    Sandra O is YUMMY

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by X-ecutioner
    First off, can motogp teams change their aerodynamics within the season or are they stuck with the same package they started with? For example the Ducati aerodynamic package seems a little 'Bulkier' compared to the Yamaha or the Honda. While it may have the same length for the wheelbase, it still looks a little bigger. But as of now it seems it suits the ducati just fine, and boy does it go like a bazooka! But still, are they allowed to shed some fat as the season progresses?
    There are no rules or limitations on aerodynamics, other than that so-called "dustbin" fairings are banned:

Teams can, and do, change the aerodynamics from race to race. And the Ducati does not just look longer, it is longer, as the front bank of the L four (what Ducati calls their 90 degree V) is close to horizontal. That makes for a long engine. This makes the Ducati quite a handful at much tighter tracks, as was demonstrated down the rear section of the Qatar track, where Rossi could easily chase down Stoner round the back, but lost him on the straight.

As for the desmodromic system, Ducati are stuck with it, as it's their USP, their franchise is based on it. For the moment, it will do just fine, as the bike is revving to close on 20,000 RPM already. But if Ducati have to up the revs in search of yet more power, they may start to have a few more problems.
    MotoGPMatters.com - MotoGP Analysis And Reports

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    'Dustbin' is more suggested for placing ash of cigarette mokin:

No bike can visibly beat Yamaha designing aerodynamic package, not sure for its affectivity, agree with you Ducati just looks the bulkiest, but i don't mind if it can deliver final result like Lossail.

btw, welcome to forum

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by leopardsleeping
    'Dustbin' is more suggested for placing ash of cigarette mokin:
    Actually, they were called "dustbin", because dustbin is the British word for trash can or garbage can, something like this:

Only with a big booming six cylinder inside it

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    in my office's smoking area there are two look-alike that picture named 'dustbin', but it has two orifice, on top for placing the ash and on the side for putting the stub, you may use it for different purpose

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Exclamation

Welcome to the forum Kropotkin, great to have someone of your expertise and knowledge participating in the forums discussions..
    I opened up all the windows..the air is cold, the tub is boiling hot..It's like Sweden, man. Sweden!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Thanks, jackal! You can't get away from me anywhere, can you

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    oh..seems you have known well each other, this world isn't wide as it looks

welcome again Kropotkin, I'll take a look at your site

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Hayden did get a new fairing to the Losail race. Dont know if Checa also get it. It's was a little wider front on that.

The Ducati looks a lot lika a Cagiva from 1992.

The aerodynamics is also a compromise. If you do a fairing that is good for topspeed that fairing will do the bike to be hard to change directions in the fast chikanes/curves for an example.