Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Liked 32 Times in 32 Posts
    Scheiße!

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Audi #9 torn up front after going off in the esses and shoveling through a mound in the grass. Possible tub damage.
    Formula Platypus 2012

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom206wrc
    Sunny weather announced for today qualifying practice and tomorrow(+ sunday)race

I want 10 hours of race not 5 hours of shower race
    Would you settle for 9:10? PLM has never gone 10 hours, though with all those yellows in the middle, I thought this one might.

If you were wondering why the steward called the yellow flags so quickly when the Audi and the Robertson Ford GT went off, there was a lot of marbles and other debris on the track, and they wanted to bring out the blower and clean it off.

I thought that the drivers behaved very well. With 41 cars on track and 20 second lap time difference, the opportunity for carnage was great, but it didn't happen. Most of the yellows were caused by single car incidents, an number of which were for cut tires.

Big crowd on hand, There were at least half again as many people on spectator hill as I'd ever seen before, and probably twice as many in turn 10. Road A reported the three day crowd at 124,000, which probably means 65-70,000 on race day. That's pushing into NASCAR territory. Also, lots of corporate hospitality going on.

Peugeot worked their plan to perfection, and the GT battle was everything everyone expected, with a surprise ending.

The 911 hybrid was very impressive. I'm glad I don't have to figure an equivalency formula for them when they get folded into GT2. Also, the diesels are probably too powerful and will need to be slowed. The acceleration they get coming out of a turn is astounding.
    "Risk sweetens everything" - Peter Revson (1939 - 1974)

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    well I'm back and sunburnt like mad, but ALMS scored a huge win this year at Petit, the place was packed and the race was fantastic, I was down with the Dyson Racing team for a while.

have over 2000 pics uploading and some videos, I'll be sharing them of course
    Brian France is a violation of Section 12-1 (actions detrimental to stock car racing)

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    [img]/Users/Spike/Pictures/2010%20Petit%20Le%20Mans/2010_09_30/IMG_6613.JPG[/img]
    [img]/Users/Spike/Pictures/2010%20Petit%20Le%20Mans/2010_09_30/IMG_6609.JPG[/img]
    [img]/Users/Spike/Pictures/2010%20Petit%20Le%20Mans/2010_09_30/IMG_6566.JPG[/img]
    Brian France is a violation of Section 12-1 (actions detrimental to stock car racing)

Liked 32 Times in 32 Posts
    Great race and congrats to Peugeot

Lots of individual mistakes.

I wonder who should drive the second Audi in LM? Still think TK/AM/DC line up is looking hard to replace/replicate/

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Great event with a large and enthusiastic crowd.

GT2 championship is decided in the last few laps. BMW wins!

The car corals for corvette, BMW, Porche and Ferrari had bigger attendance and cars were beautiful.

Spoke to an ACO Official from France who officiated due to international event. He was given a ride around track before race start. He remarked that the crowd was incredible, larger than most in Asia and some Europe events.

Great trip.