Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

The cosworths have a bad habit...

of you know... Blowing up

Liked 22 Times in 17 Posts
    From 3 years out of the sport they've done damn well to produce an F1 engine that can acheive P4/5/6's in a midfield team.

They'll get there eventually.

Liked 7 Times in 7 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Malllen
    From 3 years out of the sport they've done damn well to produce an F1 engine that can acheive P4/5/6's in a midfield team.

They'll get there eventually.
    Indeed. The blow up seemed to occur as a direct result of Kovy spinning and then ragging the engine to spin turn. It's also more than likely done three GP's by now.

Cossie have done well this year.
    All other opinions are wrong....

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    "We were looking good for 15th, but then I had a coming together with Buemi towards the end of the race. I spun the car to get back onto the track which I think cracked the fuel tank pressure release valve and it looks like that caused an airbox fire."
    “It used to be about trying to do something. Now it’s about trying to be someone.”

Liked 7 Times in 7 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Krogshöj
    "We were looking good for 15th, but then I had a coming together with Buemi towards the end of the race. I spun the car to get back onto the track which I think cracked the fuel tank pressure release valve and it looks like that caused an airbox fire."
    I was right? First time for everything I guess.
    All other opinions are wrong....

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    I read somewhere that a lot of the "Cosworth" failures are actually more down to the drivetrain package used by the three new teams than the engine itself, which is why Williams has had less failures than them.

I don't doubt they aren't the best in either performance* or reliability stakes, but they are doing well all things considered I think.

*Not that it means much with the freezing and equalisation we're still not free from

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by V12
    I read somewhere that a lot of the "Cosworth" failures are actually more down to the drivetrain package used by the three new teams than the engine itself, which is why Williams has had less failures than them.

I don't doubt they aren't the best in either performance* or reliability stakes, but they are doing well all things considered I think.

*Not that it means much with the freezing and equalisation we're still not free from
    That's been discussed here. Lotus, for example, has had terrible problems with the drivetrain all year and in addition it's heavy. That's one of the main reasons they've decided to change to Renault, who gives them the whole packace instead of just an engine. Cossie is propably quite ok.
    “Leave me alone!”