Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Question Have you put up you Chrimbo tree yet?

When driving home late last night it was difficult to spot any house without any Christmas decorations/lights already in place. It seems to get earlier each year, with many putting theirs up even before the month of December has started.

For me traditionally I have always waited until after my birthday before the tree goes up so ours won't see the light of day(see what I did there?) until next weekend.

If you haven't put yours up, when will you? And when will yours come down again?
    :ninja: silent and deadly :ninja:

Liked 16 Times in 16 Posts
    Yup. Stuck our two trees up on the 1 December.
    "But it aint how hard you hit, it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward. How much you can take, and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done." Rocky.

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Ours went up on the first weekend of December, primarily because we're stupidly busy this coming weekend.

Being an artificial tree it's not really a problem having it up this early, but if we had a real one we'd probably wait a week or so.

I certainly would never put a tree up before December had started, and always observe the "12th night" rule about taking it down.

Oh, and we've also got a little pink fibre-optic one this year, which I promise you was Susy's doing....
    Useful F1 Twitter thingy: http://goo.gl/6PO1u

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Ours is already up We have a nice 4 foot tall real tree in a pot Doesn't have any decorations at the moment and actually looks nice like that! Went up last weekend. Oh crap I posted as Caroline - Daniel
    Flonkkkk.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Ours won't go up until next weekend. It's never up much past the first of the year. With 4 big rammy dogs in the house, protecting the tree from damage is exhausting.
    Doc Wiseman
    Too dumb for opera, too smart for NASCAR

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Talking

Ours was SUPPOSED to go up on the 1st...but i got lazy lol. we have a fake tree due to all the hayfever/asthma sufferers in the house. Havent put the outside lights up though..got some mighty fine icicle lights that flash to stick on the house. hOoray for chrissy!!
    "Its all gone to custard for D'Ambrosio" - oh, nice word play, Brundle, nice word play :D :D

Filming episode 18 of Bob called 'Richard, I am your father!' Bob's long lost son!
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    2 trees and various other stuff up on the 1st, I have yet to venture outside to put up the outside lights yet.
    Jim Raynor will be returning soon!

Liked 82 Times in 63 Posts
    We usually wait until about a week or two before Christmas before putting ours up. Since we always get a real one, I find if we put it up an earlier it will just dry out We'll probably put ours up next weekend.

Outdoor lights have been up for a couple of weeks now.
    “If everything's under control, you're going too slow.” Mario Andretti

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by schmenke
    We usually wait until about a week or two before Christmas before putting ours up. Since we always get a real one, I find if we put it up an earlier it will just dry out We'll probably put ours up next weekend.

Do you go and cut it down yourself?

Altogether now........"I'm a lumberjack and I'm OK, I sleep all night and I work all day.........."
    :ninja: silent and deadly :ninja:

Filming episode 18 of Bob called 'Richard, I am your father!' Bob's long lost son!
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CarlMetro
    Do you go and cut it down yourself?

Altogether now........"I'm a lumberjack and I'm OK, I sleep all night and I work all day.........."

"He likes to wear suspenders, high heels and a bra"
    Jim Raynor will be returning soon!