Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: WTCC curitiba

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    The BMW team certainly seems dominate, but I woudn't write off SEAT too early. First, let's wait for the race itself, 2nd, last year Alfa won this thing, I think and they weren't spectacular on other tracks.
    Formula 1

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by F1boat
    The BMW team certainly seems dominate, but I woudn't write off SEAT too early. First, let's wait for the race itself, 2nd, last year Alfa won this thing, I think and they weren't spectacular on other tracks.
    SEAT themselves have said they can't compete with the BMWs (story on crash) - that's not exactly what fans want to hear!
    It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.

Liked 47 Times in 33 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ATF
    SEAT themselves have said they can't compete with the BMWs (story on crash) - that's not exactly what fans want to hear!

i'd imagine thats all political posturing, seeing as BMW have had a weight break due to not having the standing starts and Alfa and Chevvy got a weight break for having narrow cars (!?) whereas Seat got nothing this year, even though they had the Aero breaks last year with the flat bottom car due to the hugh drag nature of the hatchback shape.

all that said, the BMW's looked pretty handy in the 1st race, but they do probably have the 3 best drivers too. think the 2nd race wil be much more open, once the ballast starts getting thrown about.

was a pretty processional race, and it looks poor that at the finish there were only BMW's, Seat Leons and a lone Chevvy, not a great advert for a world series, if BMW or Seat went elsewhere i think the series would die on its arse.
    "I" before "E" except after "C". Weird.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    it would im hoping for some more manufactures to join in!

bmw and seat run two many car though this surly is putting manufactures off but saving the series at the same time.
    BTCC-All the Honda's
    WTCC-Priaulx
    V8-Lowndes and courtney

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Well, there are only two different cars in DTM and only four in NASCAR, but really more different teams will make the series a lot cooler.
    The race 1 wasn't spectacular, but the final lap was cool and I think that race 2 will be far more entertaining. Also the ballast will prevent one team for domination IMO.
    Formula 1

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    BMW won, but the race was fun!
    Formula 1

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by F1boat
    Also the ballast will prevent one team for domination IMO.
    Going on todays show, the ballast system is really going to be tested at Zandvoort.

Jaime Puig will no doubt be corresponding with the WTCC officials regarding the situation with weights.

Liked 66 Times in 54 Posts
    I think that this race has proved to me why the BTCC is far more entertaining than the WTCC.

Why don't the WTCC run on tighter tracks? It would make for far better racing.
    Tazio 14/3/2015: I'll give every member on this forum 1,000.00 USD if McLaren fails to podium this season!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    was a bit boring.

Bmw really just walked the hole weekend

maybe they will learn not to go to tracks with a 1km front straight now
    BTCC-All the Honda's
    WTCC-Priaulx
    V8-Lowndes and courtney

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Thommo did well in that pile of rubbish he was driving.