Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I wasn't implying that he fiddled the times, just that there may be an advantage to using the mod that he did. If not then I apologise, but they are huge time differences.
    Colin Steele McRae ...5 August 1968 - 15 September 2007...

Liked 17 Times in 15 Posts
    Fair enough, but I was just ignoring it cos firstly we don't all usually drive these cars, and he had been driving them for a while, and what I meant was even the HTML submission system has 2 significant faults to it, one of which I'm convinced more than one person has used to their advantage but I can't prove it so I don't make a scene about it. Don't forget also in the first season PS29 did one rally and he won it and we were all on the same playing field there so he's not a slouch behind the wheel.

Another thing to keep in mind is that his individual stage time differences were not that great and I can think of a number of times during last season when guys like NeverKnow or Francis44 would suddenly pull a minute on everyone in 1 stage alone. Now the reason for that mostly is that they are very good drivers but also have very good setups. I've watched a few of the videos these guys post and I've got not even half the grip they do around corners, mostly cos I don't have the time to set up the car much. So if we start getting picky over who beats who by how much I could argue that you guys all cheat cos you set the cars up and we should all use standard setups!

Don't forget I'm also trying to keep this league going and attracting new competitors and most people don't have RSRBR and frankly it's damn annoying mod to have some times cos I don't even use half the cars in it and it's huge downloads every month. So if I can expand it by allowing people to use cars that are part of the mod without having the download it then thats fine. I mean, look at the entries from the first season. We changed to RSRBR-only and I think we have only 20% of the same guys here now.
    CMR4L titles: 2, RBR MF Cup titles: 2
    :champion:

Liked 103 Times in 39 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bruce D
    Don't forget also in the first season PS29 did one rally and he won it and we were all on the same playing field there so he's not a slouch behind the wheel.

Another thing to keep in mind is that his individual stage time differences were not that great and I can think of a number of times during last season when guys like NeverKnow or Francis44 would suddenly pull a minute on everyone in 1 stage alone.
    Thanks Bruce - glad you brought up that win again You are right, the individual times were quite close.

Perhaps the 306 I used was just a rocket and might be better than the equivalent car in RSRBR, but as this is a fun event, it doesn't matter too much. Also, my practise with the 306 is much more than the amount of practise I have done with any other cars so it might just be pace.

I hope that me not using RSRBR will not be a problem for others. My times from the last round of the SAIRC were neither stunningly quick or slow which suggests that I have no advantage or disadvantage. If anyone doesn't believe me then I can just put up a reply on Youtube so you can have a butchers.

Liked 14 Times in 13 Posts
    Like MacD, I was not implying that PS29 was cheating whatsoever. I was just interested in trying out a different program/method or playing in this league if there was one available. I'll stick with RSRBR though

I think it is good for the competition if we do open up entries outside RSRBR, certainly. And, having run these offline championships many times in the past, I am not one to point the finger at suspect times. There is nothing to be won here and we get on well as a community. Here's to the next round
    Tír gan teanga, tír gan anam

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by LCD
    Well, those cars look and sound so...aggressive. Thanx for the vid IronRooster!
    no problem, I dread the day we have electric rally cars with zero noise
    Whats a uni?