Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    First of all, thanks Bruce for giving us the chance to race some cars we rarely pick!
    Been a very bussy week and couldn't test any of the cars, that's why I didn't sent my entry, earlier.

Hopefully, found some time and just did my rally In a Seat Ibiza Kit car.
    Start of the rally was Ideal In Falstone, but had some steering Issues In Tanner and a fatal error
    before even reaching 1st split In Prospect Ridge, where I smashed my engine on a tree, so used the super rally.
    The asphalt stage of the rally could be better, If more of my hairpins were accurate, but pulled myself together
    In Greenhills, where I think I did a good run. Don't know If SSS Portugal
    was finally cancelled-hope It was because It was a complete disaster;
    hitting all over the place-I even called for help twice!!! there!

Overall, that was a very enjoying event, with a nice variety of stages and some great rally cars!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Even after reloading the pack I cannot get the Renault Megane to play...

I'll take the Xsara Kit Car for this round....
    9-23-2006 Cadey-Lee Deacon,The Rocket Pub, New Parks, Leicester: Little one, through some miracle of reincarnation may you be given a second chance at a full life. You\'ll not soon leave our thoughts and prayers ;(

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Listen what hapenned to me...When I started the sss stage, the car was upside down In the start, and had to press call for help, to get It on the wheels!!! What a bug!!!

Liked 17 Times in 15 Posts
    Had that once or twice, notably at the Canyon stage. Another reason to avoid these extra stages in future.
    CMR4L titles: 2, RBR MF Cup titles: 2
    :champion:

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    I just finished my rally and have sent in my times. I have mixed feelings about this rally. First of all it was nice to drive these kind of cars but on gravel it felt like it was fish out of water. I really struggled with the slow corners to get some power down to the road. But on tarmac and on faster gravel stages it was really good, sometimes even better than older WR cars.

Overall I am quite glad I finished because there were some really scary moments and one roll.

On the first stage I had a halfspin and SS2-SS5 went cleanly but I held little bit back. On SS6 I clipped the barrier on the last corner and the car rolled but luckily it landed on it's wheels so I could drive over the finish line which was only 5 meters away.

I have no idea what my pace was because have nothing to compare my times with but I'm looking forward seeing the final results.
    <Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes>

Liked 103 Times in 39 Posts
    Finished rally and times sent.

Went very well I think. As with NeverKnow, struggled with power coming out of corners - especially on Joux Verte with the uphill hairpins. Unbelievably I was 4s up on my best ever time in the first sector of Prospect Ridge, but ended 20s or so behind my best as the stage went on. Greenhills was very fun. Liked the rally altogether, and the 306 was as good as ever.

Just for fun I tried a snow stage afterwards and I can say I'm glad there isn't one in the actual rally - was a nightmare!

Exactly why I didn't do snow. I'd tried these cars out a few months ago and found on snow they were terrible. Looking back on the rally now I should have made it a half tar half gravel rally but it was still fun. The traction problems and understeer where the fun part of these cars.

pettersolberg29, if you were 4sec up on your personal best when you should have struggled for wheelspin off the line, I think you need to improve your PB!

Just waiting for Tannat's times now and then everyone is in.

Liked 103 Times in 39 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bruce D
    pettersolberg29, if you were 4sec up on your personal best when you should have struggled for wheelspin off the line, I think you need to improve your PB!
    Exactly - I have never failed to crash in that first sector before. I don't love those tricky USA stages so rarely play them so probably only finished the stage on my new PC game about 5 times, and in all of them I had to 'cal for help' at least once!