Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I may need to make some changes for this track...

Analog steering is difficult out of the hairpin ('anteatering')

I get a better feel using hood view versus chase cam

Looks as if I'll be using the longest gears. Can almost nudge top speed on the back straight before braking for the hairpin.

Not certain if full stiff is the way to go.

Wish there was a BMW or Alfa in the garage for this game.....
    9-23-2006 Cadey-Lee Deacon,The Rocket Pub, New Parks, Leicester: Little one, through some miracle of reincarnation may you be given a second chance at a full life. You\'ll not soon leave our thoughts and prayers ;(

Liked 14 Times in 13 Posts
    I always use the hood cam. Far better for finding your way around the track. The only disadvantage is that when you're driving through a pack of angry racers, it's difficult to know if some numpty has his bonnet up your inside. That's usually what causes me to spin off during races.
    Tír gan teanga, tír gan anam

Liked 66 Times in 54 Posts
    I always use the chase cam. Does anyone use manual gears?

I think I have got my qualifying pace sorted. But I am over 3 seconds a lap slower in race trim than in qualifying. I wonder if the PC version of the game runs faster in the race.
    Tazio 14/3/2015: I'll give every member on this forum 1,000.00 USD if McLaren fails to podium this season!

Liked 335 Times in 204 Posts
    Good old fashioned D-pad and X button for me Also use the auto box as I always hit the limiter when I try manual. I used to be chase cam through and through but found that the bonnet cam is smoother for the d-pad so start the race in chase mode and then switch once I'm out of the main pack
    You're so beige, you probably think this signature is about someone else.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Brown, Jon Brow
    I always use the chase cam. Does anyone use manual gears?

I think I have got my qualifying pace sorted. But I am over 3 seconds a lap slower in race trim than in qualifying. I wonder if the PC version of the game runs faster in the race.
    I use auto gears-there may be a braking advantage with manual, but
    i don't think it is measurable in lap times

I always prepare for rounds in race mode, 20 laps, expert setting-let the field run away for nearly a lap and then start my lapping. It is the only true way to get an idea of your true pace....
    9-23-2006 Cadey-Lee Deacon,The Rocket Pub, New Parks, Leicester: Little one, through some miracle of reincarnation may you be given a second chance at a full life. You\'ll not soon leave our thoughts and prayers ;(

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I may swap to digital for this round..

Tough to be precise enough for the right left at Duffus and have it all sorted out for McIntyre, but analog works great at the chicane

Quote Originally Posted by tannat
    I may swap to digital for this round..

Tough to be precise enough for the right left at Duffus and have it all sorted out for McIntyre, but analog works great at the chicane
    You need loads of curb at the chicane to keep your speed up.
    Tazio 14/3/2015: I'll give every member on this forum 1,000.00 USD if McLaren fails to podium this season!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Brown, Jon Brow
    You need loads of curb at the chicane to keep your speed up.
    What is your exit speed there, JB?

If I take too much curb I get bumped into a spin. I've been taking it ultra clean with an exit speed in the 10X mph range...

Quote Originally Posted by tannat
    What is your exit speed there, JB?

If I take too much curb I get bumped into a spin. I've been taking it ultra clean with an exit speed in the 10X mph range...
    I can't recall my speed but I think i'm in 5th.

Every corner here is challenging. And most of them apart from the final hairpin are almost flat.

Liked 14 Times in 13 Posts
    I think manual gears are the way to go at fast circuits. Engine braking really keeps a flowing momentum to your lap. I don't have much experience with auto, but I like to have control over what gear I'm in.
    Tír gan teanga, tír gan anam