Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

TOCA 2 Round 5 Knockhil

Season is now halfway complete-can anyone slow down the #1JTFan steamroller?

Track: Knockhill

RACE1
    Weather: Sunny
    Number of laps:3
    Qualify: Yes
    Difficulty: Expert

RACE2
    Weather: Cloudy
    Number of laps:5
    Qualify: Yes
    Difficulty: Expert

Please send qualifying time, fastest lap and total race time for each race by 12 pm midnight Hawaii time on September 5 by PM to tannat or [email:2evkyxc1]james.knowles@stjude.org[/email:2evkyxc1].

Screenshots and race descriptions invited

Car assignments

JanYeo-Peugeot
    #1JTFan-Renault
    AlfaFan-Vauxhall
    IronRooster-Volvo
    Tannat-Audi
    JonBrown-Honda
    Paddy-Nissan

9-23-2006 Cadey-Lee Deacon,The Rocket Pub, New Parks, Leicester: Little one, through some miracle of reincarnation may you be given a second chance at a full life. You\'ll not soon leave our thoughts and prayers ;(

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Championship Standings

Fastest laps points added (#1JTFan 3 points, JonBrown 3 points, Jan Yeo 2 points)

Driver's Championship

1-#1JTFan--------------75 points (5 wins)
    2-JonBrown--------------59 (2 wins)
    3-Tannat----------------56 (1 win)
    4-Paddy52------------ --36
    5-IronRooster------------27
    6-Mr Jan Yeo-------------17
    7-Alfa Fan----------------14

Manufacturer's Championship

1-Ford-----------------55 points
    2-Nissan---------------40
    3-Volvo----------------39
    4-Vauxhall-------------36
    5-Peugeot-------------34
    6-Audi-----------------28
    7-Renault--------------27
    7-Honda---------------27
    9-23-2006 Cadey-Lee Deacon,The Rocket Pub, New Parks, Leicester: Little one, through some miracle of reincarnation may you be given a second chance at a full life. You\'ll not soon leave our thoughts and prayers ;(

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Question Query on round formats

Are you guys cool with the two race, short distance format?

We could do longer races if you guys wish...

Could also do mnadatory pit stops, default settings, etc etc

Let me know-only three more races left after knockhill...

Liked 10 Times in 7 Posts
    Fine for me as it is. Only thing I'd say is for console players expert is really difficult with the race starts. Can't hold it on the red line with digital buttons and then after the inevitable bad start get ruined in turn 1
    2nd place in the big quizz challenge!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Alfa Fan
    Fine for me as it is. Only thing I'd say is for console players expert is really difficult with the race starts. Can't hold it on the red line with digital buttons and then after the inevitable bad start get ruined in turn 1
    Are you on PS2, AlfaFan?

Are you on digital throughout the race, or switching to analog once the car gets going..

Liked 10 Times in 7 Posts
    Digital throughout! Hate the analogue sticks!
    2nd place in the big quizz challenge!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    @tannat: I really dont mind about the setup of the races. I just play to the rules

@alfa fan: If you are using analog in these races, boy youve got talent

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I once used digital- and the repeated tap, tap, tapping of the thumbpad was always a challenge as there was a fine line between what was necessary for a turn and a lurid spin...

I am currently using analog on my PS2, and while it is horrible on the starts (the car anteaters all over the place) once the car has reached about 100kph everything has settled.

It will be interesting to see how it behaves coming off the hairpin at this venue...

Liked 14 Times in 13 Posts
    Wow! Didn't realise there was so many digital users! I'm analogue all the way. I find it much more precise, particularly for corners like Copse at Silverstone, when you want to go flat out.

I find it's very hard to get a good jump on the opposition. No matter how much you rev/don't rev the car, about 3 cars seem to rush past before turn 1, at any track! Is this just a game bug or am I, perhaps, botching my starts?

Anyway, for me, the rules are fine. Monkey say, monkey do :

Looking forward to driving the Nissan - it's a car I like. I don't know Knockhilll very well but, with it being so short, it should be easy to learn. I'll be doing well if I finish though. Friday is my only realistic opportunity to race so I'll be freeing up some time then
    Tír gan teanga, tír gan anam

Liked 66 Times in 54 Posts
    I think you can only make a good start if you are starting in the second half of the grid.
    Tazio 14/3/2015: I'll give every member on this forum 1,000.00 USD if McLaren fails to podium this season!