Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Rally GB First Timer

Hi Guys,

I've been interested in going to Rally GB for a few years now and I'm finally planning a trip for this year. I was just wondering if any of you guys have any hints and tips for the best places to go and where to watch the action from.

Cheers,

Eurotech
    Please ignore ALL of the above....

MJW
    Friday stages, probably best place will be either Sweet Lamb or Myherin, both very close in distance to each other but you will not get to both.
    Saturday try and get onto the FourWays/ Crychan stage, thats the mixed tarmac and gravel stage.
    Sunday - the big jump at Margam (now known as Port Talbot) is good.
    Dont stay in Cardiff, its a bit far away from action, Llandovery is a good base, you can easily travel to the friday, saturday and sunday stages from there. You must have a hire car, not possible without personal transport, yes the rallypass is a lot of money, but otherwise UK prices for fuel, food and drink (whilst still high) have come closer to mainland Eurpoean prices. You may get the negative posters on here who still lament the old RAC rallies, but if you come you will see some spectacular action, on absolutely fabulous forest roads.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Agree with MJW first year went made the mistake of staying in cardiff to far to travel to stages,friday morning make sure you have plenty time to get to the first stage i nearly didnt make in the past traffic bad parking.
    what ive done in the past is wandered up the stage a mile or two from the spectator points to get a better veiwing point some time the veiwing points can be cramped and restricted veiwing

Liked 23 Times in 17 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinto
    Agree with MJW first year went made the mistake of staying in cardiff to far to travel to stages,friday morning make sure you have plenty time to get to the first stage i nearly didnt make in the past traffic bad parking.
    what ive done in the past is wandered up the stage a mile or two from the spectator points to get a better veiwing point some time the veiwing points can be cramped and restricted veiwing
    +1

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinto
    agree with this, i have only been going for 7 years, but they have got better with letting you stand where you want, as long as it is safe.

stay away from spectator 'pens'!

cant wait for this years event