Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Liked 18 Times in 8 Posts
    One of the things I liked about Daves coverage was when they showed the crews away from the rallying and you saw they were just regular folks.

Of course, if the WRC was full of strong personalities, you'd have people complaining they should just shut up and drive.

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TMorel
    One of the things I liked about Daves coverage was when they showed the crews away from the rallying and you saw they were just regular folks.

Of course, if the WRC was full of strong personalities, you'd have people complaining they should just shut up and drive.
    The other coverage used to do that too, just not in such an annoying fashion.
    Rule 1 of the forum, always accuse anyone who disagrees with you of bias.I would say that though.

Liked 1,251 Times in 680 Posts
    The WRC could have all the personalities in the world - it's highly likely it wouldn't change anything.
    Until there are more Manufacturers and more seats for talented drivers - meaning a 'proper' World Championship - it will continue to get the coverage it deserves. Maybe I'm being unfairly harsh.....

Is there a better sound than that of Porsche engined Flat-6 ???

Liked 385 Times in 191 Posts
    Somehow "modern" motorsport world, both in F1 and WRC seems to want "robots" as drivers, no personalities. The teams think sponsors are happier, when drivers only say nice things no matter what happens.... NOT TRUE

Petter sure has charisma, but how I miss people like Grönholm, Alen, Kankkunen, Sainz, Galli, Auriol etc. Current drivers just are not personalities as these drivers were

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by COD
    Somehow "modern" motorsport world, both in F1 and WRC seems to want "robots" as drivers, no personalities. The teams think sponsors are happier, when drivers only say nice things no matter what happens.... NOT TRUE
    The problem is that the "robots" usually are really young drivers when for example Sainz, KKK, Alen etc.. were a bit older. And why the teams want youngsters, because they want to do good, relatively cheap and long-term investments. Not to get good drivers necessarily, but good investments. And of course the teens need to behave well also, otherwise the sponsors might get mad.

Is this a good way for anyone? No. The image I will remember from old time rallies always is where Timo Salonen and he's co-driver are sitting in Peugeot 205 and there's a Marlboro between Timo's lips after a stage. There's no way in hell that would happen this day ever.
    Blessed are the woodheads since when the flood will arise they won't drown.

Liked 37 Times in 21 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Woodeye
    The image I will remember from old time rallies always is where Timo Salonen and he's co-driver are sitting in Peugeot 205 and there's a Marlboro between Timo's lips after a stage. There's no way in hell that would happen this day ever.
    Well Marlboro was a big sponsor back in those days, today it is drinking from a Red Bull bottle that counts

Liked 6 Times in 2 Posts
    Whatever they do, please don't do it like Tony Gardemeister and Tomi Tuominen. Even the dead people realized he advertised a drink I refuse to mention in this context.
    Another Flying Finn

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by A.F.F.
    Whatever they do, please don't do it like Tony Gardemeister and Tomi Tuominen. Even the dead people realized he advertised a drink I refuse to mention in this context.
    Oh come on. Those "Gardemeister" -bikes in Sotka where the coolest thing ever.
    Blessed are the woodheads since when the flood will arise they won't drown.

Liked 6 Times in 2 Posts
    Unfortunately I wasn't talking about the bikes he rode. But thanks to bringing them back to my mind :

I meant whatever energydrink he drank after every stage when he was interviewed. And whenever he forgot to take the bottle, Tuominen charged it in his hand.... It was too embarrasing.....
    Another Flying Finn

Liked 802 Times in 437 Posts
    Like this sort of thing you mean - to be fair they were joking with me as I took the picture and Patrick was drinking the can anyway. Personally I prefer the Mad Croc system, though the Red Bull ladies were very pleasant
    After a can and 2 'shots of freeby Mad Croc, 1 can of freeby Red Bull and the large coke I had in McDs at lunch the journey back to Dunkirk 'flew' by!!!
    Kris Meeke got fired -PSG so terrified they quit!