Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Liked 199 Times in 118 Posts
    I don't remember when Ford had champ.. Only as manufacturer with great Gronholm..

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by blissard
    I have a feeling Petter just wants to have the same car as Loeb, to eliminate the car as a factor, and base it purely on skills.

That said.., who knows, maybe the Fiesta will be quicker than the DS3.
    Ha! Don't make me laugh.
    Marco Simoncelli 1987-2011

Liked 5 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gloomyDAY
    Ha! Don't make me laugh.
    If this make u laugh, u must be a idiot Usually when M-Sport makes new car than its fastest car around, It was like this in 2003, 2006 and Fiesta s2000 was fastest s2000 car in the beginning of this year,(Skoda seems to be the best one now)

Liked 276 Times in 183 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by blissard
    I have a feeling Petter just wants to have the same car as Loeb, to eliminate the car as a factor, and base it purely on skills.
    And that could be perfectly understandable. If you see his performance in Germany, I just can't believe it. I would have never thought that Petter was a good tarmac driver! He won once in Corsica after everyone was surprised by the rain and he was fitted with good Pirelli's. But look at Germany: this must be a complete relief of frustration for him! The last years in the Subaru must have been really, really frustrating (anyone has watched Engineering the World Rallying on Discovery???).

So yes, I can understand.

After seeing Ford performance this year, I would put my money on a Citroen too. If he has the budget for a private team.
    Post your own splits on the net: find RallyStopwatch on the Google Play Store.
    Follow posted splits on twitter with #RallySplits hashtag.

Liked 6 Times in 5 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HaCo
    And that could be perfectly understandable. If you see his performance in Germany, I just can't believe it. I would have never thought that Petter was a good tarmac driver! He won once in Corsica after everyone was surprised by the rain and he was fitted with good Pirelli's. But look at Germany: this must be a complete relief of frustration for him! The last years in the Subaru must have been really, really frustrating (anyone has watched Engineering the World Rallying on Discovery???).

So yes, I can understand.

After seeing Ford performance this year, I would put my money on a Citroen too. If he has the budget for a private team.
    Not really a surpriese for me. Corsica 2003 was a freak incident..but Petter was very fast in 2002 on tarmac. Check out his performance on San Remo for instance.. very quick indeed!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HaCo
    Almost everyone who has a budget can run a Focus right now, nothing different.
    I can get a Focus at my local Ford dealer. It isn't good enough for winning in WRC. Same if you buy it from M-Sport. You get a bit closer, but thats all. Next year should be very different. A customer car should actually be competitive. Hopefully no need to be in a factory seat.

Liked 11,149 Times in 4,425 Posts
    That was often said about S2000 cars also and while the difference between factory and client machinery is much smaller, it's still reasonable.
    Stupid is as stupid does. Forrest Gump

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 'Mirek Fric [Cze
    ]That was often said about S2000 cars also and while the difference between factory and client machinery is much smaller, it's still reasonable.
    i belive the difference has much to do with that very few privateers feel the need for testing properly before the events.
    Aja kovaa Pena.

Liked 11,149 Times in 4,425 Posts
    Of course much larger testing makes a lot but still factory is always a step ahead. It's not like "hey, we have something new, tomorrow everyone can have it". It always takes time and that makes constant difference.
    Stupid is as stupid does. Forrest Gump

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 'Mirek Fric [Cze
    ]Of course much larger testing makes a lot but still factory is always a step ahead. It's not like "hey, we have something new, tomorrow everyone can have it". It always takes time and that makes constant difference.
    offcourse, but with testing it would be much easier to compete against other with same cars, but to belive customers get exactly the same as factory guys is offcourse naive.
    Aja kovaa Pena.