Page 2 of 222 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast
    Liked 10 Times in 3 Posts
    If this rumor is true, I don't expect Auris.. It's an old model already. Maybe that is just a pick of that magazine to have a picture there.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please let this be so!

I think we all want this to happen. I know I do. Not that im a huge Toyota fan or anything, but for the sake of the sport I love a manufacturer with the pedigree and history is required. Toyota fit that bill perfectly.

As for that idea of Subaru and Mitsubishi sitting and waiting for the right moment... I got the impression that Mitsubishi dont have the money for a full WRC return, but Subaru might, assuming that the see a need to market their cars in the same fashion again.

Liked 106 Times in 60 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by grugsticles
    Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please let this be so!

I think we all want this to happen. I know I do. Not that im a huge Toyota fan or anything, but for the sake of the sport I love a manufacturer with the pedigree and history is required. Toyota fit that bill perfectly.

As for that idea of Subaru and Mitsubishi sitting and waiting for the right moment... I got the impression that Mitsubishi dont have the money for a full WRC return, but Subaru might, assuming that the see a need to market their cars in the same fashion again.
    Fully agreed with all of that

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Saab will not happen I am affraid. Spyker bought Saab with loaned money and money from the Saab dealers. They cannot afford a million euro WRC project.
    R.I.P. all WRC heroes

Liked 341 Times in 189 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by alleskids
    Saab will not happen I am affraid. Spyker bought Saab with loaned money and money from the Saab dealers. They cannot afford a million euro WRC project.
    Think you might be correct, seems more of a publicity stunt for the 9-1 car. Unless of course somebody else is going to underwrite the costs for them. And I suspect to build and develop a car will cost somewhat more than €1m. But we'll see.

친애하는 지도자
    Liked 2,720 Times in 1,256 Posts
    things are looking good for the future indeed...with 4 manufacturers almost certain for the new decade of our sport we only have good times ahead of us.

Liked 29 Times in 12 Posts
    It might just be a publicity stunt but if they are using the floorpan and the engine from the mini surely this reduces development costs considerably. Saab might enter as a manufacturer team but with the make up of a private team. This approach might just suit Spyker.

Liked 1,243 Times in 675 Posts
    While I really hope all these stories are true, call me cynical, isn’t it funny they’re all happening at the same time? I hope they’re not all put out by NorthOne.
    However;

Ford,
    Citroen,
    Mini,
    Toyota,
    VW,
    Saab,

With maybe 2-4 factory seats per team, thing could be looking up.

Is there a better sound than that of Porsche engined Flat-6 ???

Liked 24 Times in 6 Posts
    what of the purius for toyota wrc?
    :smokin: "position no good but very enjoy" japaneese driver at end of safari rally

Liked 6 Times in 5 Posts
    No chance. Too big, couldn't use Synergy drive so utterly pointless
    :champion: WRC3 championship, WRC4 championship, WRC4 PCWRC, WRC4 ERC
    Winner - TRD2 Bathurst:burnout: