Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

'works backed' alfa team

Well firstly I am really pleased to see this new alfa team running in the btcc, however am i the only one slightly disappointed that there isn't a slightly quicker pedaller onboard? No disrespect to Richard Marsh meant here at all but I just think that this car would be able to really mix it with the 'big 4' teams at the front with someone like Eoin Murray behind the wheel. However I want to wish both Richard and Dave well and hope very much that they will force me to eat my words and prove that given the machinery that they are front runners in their own right. Guess I'm just used to Richard Marsh running round at the back of the field in old and uncompeptitve machinery!

Liked 77 Times in 62 Posts
    I think Pinkney proved last year, especially at Thruxton, that he is capable of mixing it with the front-runners.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I know what you mean. Two aflas the same as the ones N Tchnology are running in the WTCC and Pinkey and Marsh are in the cars. It like giving A ferriari to Alex Young or Tarso Marques. I like Pinkey and think he'll spring a few suprises this year but I will eat my hat in Marsh can keep up with the front runners. Im mean it never boads well when a racing driver seeks driving tutition does it. Anyway it will be good see the cars in the BTCC and intresting to see how fast they will be

Liked 66 Times in 54 Posts
    I want Tim Harvey to drive instead of Marsh.

Then I don't have to listen to his commentry on ITV
    Tazio 14/3/2015: I'll give every member on this forum 1,000.00 USD if McLaren fails to podium this season!

Liked 10 Times in 7 Posts
    Richard Marsh has never had a good car in the BTCC. He does now. I will judge him on how he performs this season - not what we've seen beforehand.
    2nd place in the big quizz challenge!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    yea your right in that thinking Alfa Fan but even drivers who have had rubbish cars in the BTCC have still done something special. I mean look at Stockon at Brands running with the main pack in his first running with the Lexus, Shaun Watson -Smith getting his car into places the proton really shouldnt have been, and even Luby in 2001 at Oulton Park when he made a blinding start and was holding third placefor quite a while in his off the pace car. Even if a driver does have a naff car you can still judge thier talent.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I reckon at Thruxton Pinkney could be mighty. If he can set a similar pace to what he did last year a podium would be on the cards.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Are they really works backed though? I took from the article they were just current spec machines?? All will be revealed next week I suppose.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    no there not works backed cars but are exactly the same spec as the one N Technology are running in the WTCC

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ed
    I know what you mean. Two aflas the same as the ones N Tchnology are running in the WTCC and Pinkey and Marsh are in the cars. It like giving A ferriari to Alex Young or Tarso Marques. I like Pinkey and think he'll spring a few suprises this year but I will eat my hat in Marsh can keep up with the front runners. Im mean it never boads well when a racing driver seeks driving tutition does it. Anyway it will be good see the cars in the BTCC and intresting to see how fast they will be
    I think its great that they have got these cars you can't judge Marsh on what he has done previously as that pug was rubbish and as for drivin tuition i seem to remember a certain marcus gondholm (excuse spellin) gettin some last year for the wrc and he is a world champion (not sayin marsh is anyway near that standard but tryin to illustrate a point) i hope you will be proved wrong
    Look out I have been to the Jason Plato school of driving. I take no prisoners!!