Page 59 of 76 FirstFirst ... 949575859606169 ... LastLast
    Liked 10 Times in 10 Posts
    http://www.radionz.co.nz/news/sport/...0/56ec0af13956
    Speaking ahead of this weekend's Hungarian Grand Prix, Massa says he'll quit the day he becomes a number two driver and that Alonso is not number one at Ferrari.
    is it goodbye massa
    VERSTAPPEN: ‘If I’d let Sainz past, dad would’ve kicked me in the nuts!’

Liked 8 Times in 6 Posts

What's the fuss?

"They gave Felipe a good opportunity to win the grand prix as well," said Webber. "They gave him the chance to win the race up to the point where he couldn't pull away from Fernando. Obviously they had a decision in the team where the fastest guy in the team wins the race. The fastest guy on that day won the race."

The faster guy was behind, a safe overtaking manouvre was required where one car did not try to ram the other car like Vettel did in Turkey, the pass was made, and Ferrari scored a 1,2.

What the hell is wrong with that?

This thread is going round and round in circles, and basically getting nowhere. Time to MOVE ON!

Of course, when Vettel buggers up his start and Mark is leading, and then Vettel comes powering up from behind, I wonder what Horner will say to Mark?

Like:" Mark, Seb is behind you and he is going faster, Mark! do you hear Mark? Do you understand Mark? Hello Mark! Hello Mark! testing, testing, testing 1,2,3 Mark ! can you hear me, Mark?
    When in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout

Liked 14 Times in 14 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Valve Bounce
    "They gave Felipe a good opportunity to win the grand prix as well," said Webber. "They gave him the chance to win the race up to the point where he couldn't pull away from Fernando. Obviously they had a decision in the team where the fastest guy in the team wins the race. The fastest guy on that day won the race."

The faster guy was behind, a safe overtaking manouvre was required where one car did not try to ram the other car like Vettel did in Turkey, the pass was made, and Ferrari scored a 1,2.

What the hell is wrong with that?

This thread is going round and round in circles, and basically getting nowhere. Time to MOVE ON!

Of course, when Vettel buggers up his start and Mark is leading, and then Vettel comes powering up from behind, I wonder what Horner will say to Mark?

Like:" Mark, Seb is behind you and he is going faster, Mark! do you hear Mark? Do you understand Mark? Hello Mark! Hello Mark! testing, testing, testing 1,2,3 Mark ! can you hear me, Mark?
    Mateschitz said that whoever is in front stays in front. He does NOT want what happened in Turkey or Silverstone to recur and the object is to win the Constructors title as well as the WDC.

I think that the RBR managers are well aware that NOT winning at least ONE title will be worse than the days of making THAT phone call back to Maranello to report uncompetitive news.
    Jense - Mclaren MP4-25 :D
    MonzaOne :D

Liked 8 Times in 6 Posts
    Yeah! the penalty requires them to drink ten tins of that goop.
    When in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Looks like I missed a lot of fun.

Anyway the Austrian commentator mentioned yesterday that the 'Alonso is faster than you' order has been issued 3 times before Massa finally moved over in a blatant way.
    This explains why Alonso was complaining earlier in the race and also makes it clear that Massa didn't do it out of love for the team or Alonso, but because of the pressure put on him.
    Michael Schumacher The Best Ever F1 Driver
    Everything I post is my own opinion and I\'ll always try to back it up! :)
    They need us: http://www.ursusarctos.ro

Liked 32 Times in 32 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ArrowsFA1
    Bagwan has already posted a report of Massa's comments, and they've also appeared on Autosport.

This stood out to me:

When asked what would happen if he was faced with the same situation this weekend, Massa replied: "I will win."

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Brockman
    Does cycling have a specific rule which clearly states that orders team orders which interfere with a race result are prohibited?

I repeat - and I'm a little tired of repeating it - there is certainly a debate to be had whether the rule needs clarifying or abolishing; there are many posts here sympathetic to the idea that team orders are part and parcel of the sport. But the point remains that Ferrari signed up for the 2010 season knowing full well such orders were prohibited, then chose to break the rules.
    So did McLaren in 2008, but your argument is that because it was not blatant (and because it is the team you like, of course) then it's not so important.

You need to make up your mind: either "rules are rules" or either it's a matter of interpretation. If it is the second, then you should temper your opinions a little.
    You can't make a person love another person. You can only pray for it.

Stupid rules => stupid consequences :s

Liked 15 Times in 15 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wedge
    of course, she's donKey Jote's old lady and wants you..... she heard you got a quarter and that you were real fast, much faster than I will ever hope to be...........something like .6 of a second, correct?
    Only the dead know the end of war. Plato:beer:

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tinchote
    So did McLaren in 2008, but your argument is that because it was not blatant (and because it is the team you like, of course) then it's not so important.

You need to make up your mind: either "rules are rules" or either it's a matter of interpretation. If it is the second, then you should temper your opinions a little.
    I've explained about six times on various threads why there's no comparison with the two situations, and I really cannot be bothered explaining it again. Use the search facility if you care, but do not ever tell me to temper my opinion.
    Useful F1 Twitter thingy: http://goo.gl/6PO1u

Liked 177 Times in 122 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by markabilly
    of course, she's donKey Jote's old lady
    eh? I didn't reckognise her... I thought yer sister wasn't allowed out without her paper bag anyway.
    United in diversity !!!