Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Fords performance in the WRC

Why is Ford not doing so well in the WRC? Is the Focus outdated or is it the drivers or both?
    the big print giveth the small print taketh

친애하는 지도자
    Liked 2,720 Times in 1,256 Posts
    its a mix of things....1st being the fact that the team manager is spending sponsor money on his tourist son instead of developing the car. Also ford has no plan for the future, they prefer to buy drivers instead of developing them.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Like N.O.T said i dont think ford have developed the focus at all this year or last year, i think both drivers are very good.

Liked 49 Times in 28 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RJM
    Like N.O.T said i dont think ford have developed the focus at all this year or last year, i think both drivers are very good.
    None of the current Ford drivers are world champion potential and that is one of the reasons for their lack of success. Hirvonen is just not fast enough and Latvala is a crash-head and completely rubbish on tarmac.

Apart from that the team management refuse to accept that they need good tarmac drivers because they lose out on these events big time every year.
    And then of couse Malcom Wilson uses a very good WRC car on his useless son instead of giving it to a driver with a potential to fight the Citroën drivers.

Apart from that, then the current Focus RS was launced one year earlier than the C4 so while there might be some development potential in the C4 this year, there wasn't more to extract from the Focus.

But maybe Ford will be succesfull with the new Fiesta for next year, but I would still put my money on Citroën blowing them away again....
    Supporting Ogier in the WRC & Ferrari in F1 & Ducati in MotoGP.

친애하는 지도자
    Liked 2,720 Times in 1,256 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeD
    None of the current Ford drivers are world champion potential and that is one of the reasons for their lack of success. Hirvonen is just not fast enough and Latvala is a crash-head and completely rubbish on tarmac.
    i wouldn't say that, if you take Loeb out of the equation then the ford drivers would be champions i think....Latvala has the speed but the consistency will probably never come like Mcrae. On the other hand Hirvonen is fast but he has no balls to get himself in a battle so he just waits....i think he hoped that when Loeb retires he would be his time but unfortunately Ogier came up and spoiled the part for him, still he has a bigger chance to become champion with Ogier as rival since Loeb beats him up beyond recognition when he get the chance.

Liked 304 Times in 214 Posts
    To my mind Ford drivers are too much over-driving the Focus to try to decrease the lack of developpment, leading them to make such mistakes

But don't worry Ford fans, in Germany you'll have Dudu among the drivers able to go flat out in the Focus :

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeD
    Apart from that, then the current Focus RS was launced one year earlier than the C4 so while there might be some development potential in the C4 this year, there wasn't more to extract from the Focus.
    Nothing ever happens for no reason at all. Nobody can do it without money.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    ford, imo, will have a better car next year due to lots of testing with the s2000, which will be a lot like the next world rally car, but ford really need someone who is strong on asphalt, and who dosen't crash a lot...hmm

Liked 86 Times in 37 Posts
    Little bit OT,
    ... rallyrazz, I bet that DS3 will be better, unfortunately... but we will see.

Liked 2,839 Times in 1,612 Posts
    The discrepance between Ford and Citroen did increase from 2009 to this year.

And why is that?

I think the Focus was as good as the C4 last year but Citroen instead of quiting the current cars did get on and developed the C4 into this season. No matter what agreement that was ahead of this season.
    That´s the main reason why we see this favour of Citroen this year.

Another thing is that Loeb is Loeb and the man looks to be even more fast the longer he drives.

The way to beat Citroen is what you´ve said: MW has to employ faster driver beside MH and JML who will be at Ford even in 2011.
    "Reis vas pät pat kaar vas kut"
    Tommi Mäkinen, back in the years...