Page 3 of 95 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: Ant West

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by NinjaMaster
    Do ya reckon his head is getting sore by now after banging against a brick wall for so long?.
    you'd think!

although its apparently next the wall Ryan's been banging his head on so Ant's had someone to talk to...

anywhoo - fingers crossed this deal does go through
    Casey Stoner: 2007 World Champion

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Wink Ant Attack

Hey Ant fans....hopefully all will be revealed asap...so we can all get some sleep. I for one, am pleased Ant is not with Kiefer Bos next year. Having moved from Honda to Aprilia in 2006 they simply could not solve the problems with the bike all be it one that was irregular. They were used to recieving near perfect stuff from Honda and that aint the case with Aprilia, especially the kit stuff which is way down the pecking order.

The guys at Kiefer also could not understand the make up of Ant and why he would react the way he did on occasions. The team is from the old East Germany and are a funny bunch of blokes. Good fun, but also a bit different in their make up from us Aussies. You only need to look at when was the last German World Champ to see my point.

Ant can win on LE Aprilia stuff...you only need to look at what Locatelli was able to do on one in 2006. As to what team...yeah Aprilia Germany would seem the most likely but ???
    From Pantah to Desmosedici RR
    http://www.docwa.com.au

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Pantah Jack
    Hey Ant fans....hopefully all will be revealed asap...so we can all get some sleep. I for one, am pleased Ant is not with Kiefer Bos next year. Having moved from Honda to Aprilia in 2006 they simply could not solve the problems with the bike all be it one that was irregular. They were used to recieving near perfect stuff from Honda and that aint the case with Aprilia, especially the kit stuff which is way down the pecking order.

The guys at Kiefer also could not understand the make up of Ant and why he would react the way he did on occasions. The team is from the old East Germany and are a funny bunch of blokes. Good fun, but also a bit different in their make up from us Aussies. You only need to look at when was the last German World Champ to see my point.

Ant can win on LE Aprilia stuff...you only need to look at what Locatelli was able to do on one in 2006. As to what team...yeah Aprilia Germany would seem the most likely but ???

Thanks for the enlightening post and telling us... SFA! If its not Aprilia Germany then I doubt it'll be for anyone, there were no other teams listed on the provisional entry list.. Locatelli was on LE machinery with 'special' factory bits from Aprilia due to his services in the past, and his natoinality..

A standard LE bike will leave Ant hoping for top 5's at best i rekon.. Lets hope he gets an LE model, god knows he deserves something other than a standard kitter.. Oh and I too would like some sleep at night :

Peace..
    I opened up all the windows..the air is cold, the tub is boiling hot..It's like Sweden, man. Sweden!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Sorry Jackal

Sorry for giving ya SFA.....I thought it was a chat room!
    PS. a provisional list is just that...provisional, so we will see.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Pantah Jack
    Sorry for giving ya SFA.....I thought it was a chat room!
    PS. a provisional list is just that...provisional, so we will see.
    Sorry if I came across as a bit rude Was an attempt at a bit of sarcastic humour.. my bad

True about the provisional list, although I just figured, one team, rider TBA, Ant really the only 250cc rider not sorted and actually very close to signing.. Aprilia team, that hes ridden for before as a wildcard... Hmmmmmm :
    I opened up all the windows..the air is cold, the tub is boiling hot..It's like Sweden, man. Sweden!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Update from ants website..

Another update from Antness' website.. Looks like he wont be riding for Aprilia Germany after all.. Cant wait for the official announcement and cant wait for 2007!! Gooooooo Ant! Hehe...

"UPDATE 5th of January 2007:

There is no official announcement placed yet, but it seems like an italian team is having the 250cc Aprilia for Anthony and he will test it beginning february in Catalunya. More after the official announcement took place...!"

Peace..

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

yowza

From motograndprix.de:- (fairly dodgy german-english translation)

"The sheet turned for Anthony west to the good one: Briefly before Christmas the Australian agreed with the Italian Matteoni Racing on the participation in the 250cc Championship. Its implement will be a Semi Works Aprilia. It was used in the past year by Roberto Locatelli.

The times of excuses from the man from down under are now past. The Italian force package with the much-saying contract; LE (Limited Edition) is capable of podium placements easily enough - with which Locatelli had some impressive rides in 2006."

And there ya go..

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Ant Attack

Mate your German translation seems spot on. They funny talk dont we they. There is also a thinly veiled sledge from the motograndprix.de site "the time for excuses etc etc". I note one of the "writers" for motograndprix.de is Armin Juppenplatz who is also the media guy for Kiefer Bos and was supposedly doing Ants media after Porter spat the dummy. Juppenplatz was also very keen to "sledge" Ant at Philip Island regarding his attitude. Seems Juppenplatz is rather two faced and another reason Ant is best away from the German connection. The Italians are another kettle of fish and well understand the emotional side of sport so maybe he is in the right spot again.
    As for Locatellis bike from last year...who knows. It was supposed to be a "privateer" bike. What a joke!!!!

In Aussie we call LE bikes RECON bikes. ie; RECONDITIONED.

A few ponderings:

1. I for one am keen for an "Official Announcement"
    2. Time will tell how well Ant's bike is reconditioned and what "special bits"
    Ant will be afforded.
    3. Wonder if LE or RECON bikes will be "allowed" to beat Full Factory bikes.
    4. Hope Ant can keep his head clear thru it all.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Hey guys......check out motogp.com

YEEHAA !!!!!!!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Official

Damn u Pantah Jack! You beat me to it!!!

from http://www.motogp.com:-

"The Angaia and Matteoni racing teams have announced a collaborative agreement for the 2007 season, which sees them joining forces to support each other's efforts in 125cc and 250cc respectively. The deal also allows Anthony West to ride a semi-official Aprilia and show what he can do in the quatre litre class.

Angaia racing's plans had previously involved Czech standout Jakub Smrz and Italian Luca Morelli in 250cc, but now they have shifted their focus to 125cc, putting last year's rider Lorenzo Zanetti on a development Aprilia kit bike.

Matteoni racing bring back Anthony West for a ride on the RSW LE, hoping to push him higher than his regular top ten finishes in 2006 on a kit bike. He will ride alongside young frenchman Jules Cluzel, who has a year's worth of experience under his belt in 250cc and will have a kit Aprilia at his disposal.

Paolo Tajana and Massimo Matteoni's teams will run as seperate outfits, although with close collaboration throughout the season."

Yay Westy! I wonder what that means for Smrz though? I rated him fairly highly and its a shame if he's left without a ride.. Anywho, did I say Yay Westy?