Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Liked 373 Times in 289 Posts
    They need to just start from scratch completely at a different site. They need to build a pure F1 / Moto GP track somewhere in the US, California, Atlanta, Miami area come to mind. Incorporate a long ( the longest & banked) straight in F1, another long back straigt, a couple of s turns ( perhaps a slight carousel reminiscent of Laguna and Belgium) a wide enought track for possibly multiple lines and overtaking, a figure 8 complex with the underneath tunnel structure ( like a combination of suzuka and monaco) and some slight undulation to make it intersting.

MOST IMPORTANTLY, keep Tilke far far away from the project.

My first choice would be in the Miami area. It would take full advantage of the South beach scene for fans and teams alike, and give the scenerary some character as well as phenominal weather.
    Option A, street course around south beach, with indian river drive and ocean drive/collins drive as possible slower straights, or a new track on the main land , around theD olphins stadium, area
    you can't argue with results.

Liked 32 Times in 32 Posts
    Indy is fine as it is.

Mario Andretti was quite right in saying that the track was originally designed to force the teams to use a compromising set up.

I know that we would prefer a true road course for the USGP but I think you guys have short term memory selection.

The first few races were very good, there good overtaking moments into T1 (JPM vs. Rubens - 2003).

Alot of cars used to make mistakes and lock up at the mickey mouse hairpins.

The ongoing tyre war and soft tyres eroded the racing at Indy. I predict we'll get it back this year and beyond.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by I am evil Homer
    What's wrong with Daytona? Has a banked section (run on the 24 hrs cirucit, undulates more than Indy and has decent facilities.
    For F1 or for MotoGP?
    racing-reference.info/showblog?id=1785
    9 Simple Rules as Suggested by a Nerd

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    But if you're going to change the USGP location, stay away from parking lots in Las Vegas!!! Bernie seems to have some link with Las Vegas? I wonder if he doesn't have a secret plan for a Tilke track in the desert near Vegas? Plenty of room there as well as money!
    "You can mop the blood up later." - R.A. Lafferty

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I found this sketch of the proposed track on autosport. This would be horrible for either series.

racing-reference.info/showblog?id=1785
    9 Simple Rules as Suggested by a Nerd